line lock using cruise boton

karolko

Has anyone ever used their cruise button (the round one on the end) as a momentary switch for their linelocks WITHOUT using a relay?

If so, did you wire it to 12v or to ground?

Thanks guys,

Adrian

What are you going to do for cruise? LOL!

I'm sure it can be done. You just have to locate the circuits. Should not be hard to do. Can't see it making much difference switching the power or ground.

GL

Ha!!! Cruise. Man Cruise, radio, and every little trinkety gizmo was pulled out of this baby. She looks like a de-optioned GN.

I am just too lazy to stuff another relay under my dashboard, but i might just have to do it.

I guess many people haven't tried this.

Adrian

Would you be willing to pull out the ash tray from the console and install a switch panel from TR custom parts?

This is what I am doing now. I custom ordered my panel so that the line lock switch is a momentary switch. I even got mine engraved. Close the ashtray door and you'd never know it exists. Very trick and top notch quality.

Has anyone ever used their cruise button (the round one on the end) as a momentary switch for their linelocks WITHOUT using a relay?

If so, did you wire it to 12v or to ground?

Thanks guys,

Adrian

I have used it as a switch in the past to control 2 step i belive it switches ground its been awhile. The wires are very small like 24 gauge and they are grouped together hard to strip but can be done I would recommend using a relay.