Line Lock Problems........Won't release

Louie your the only person I know that has gotten one to work. Are these recently purchased units?? got any pics of the install?

Thanks

Steve

Mine is after the prop valve, and I thought this was the correct way to install it according to the rules. I installed it according to a thread last year that had a link to a pic (no longer exists), and everyone agreed that it was correct. I have the upgraded wheel cylinders in back and a mostly stock TR setup, so when I tap the brake to release the LL, it stops the wheels. Maybe I need more practice to roll out of the burnout, but it would be much easier to just hit the switch!

I have a Hurst LL on my 87 plumbed in between the mc and the prop valve. No problems yet.
Im getting ready to do it again on the 86. Didnt know NHRA specs it like they do. I would think after the prop valve would cause it to stick. Isnt the pop valve shifted to close the front lines after u release the pedal w/ the line lock on from the flow from the rears but not the fronts ?? Hence no fluid return at the prop valve.
I could be mistake'n
Craig

Originally posted by BUICKTR
Me too!! I have to tap the brakes to release my line lock. Moroso line lock!!:mad:
Is yours after the prop valve like mine?

I'm glad to see that mine isn't the only one. I feel like from reading the last several posts that I know the truth about the Moroso LLs. I think I will email Cotton just to let them know since I bought it there.

Gentlemen;

No, you DONT have to tap the brake to get a Moroso to work. They should work just fine if installed properly.
You must make sure the fluid is entering the correct end, and leaving the correct end. And, a horizontal installation doesn't hurt matters either.

Here's a picture of my installation (that is still working flawlessly after 5 years)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/24421944/24422577JcpRddyiMs

Make note of which end the fluid enters and leaves by. Even though yours may be after the proportioning valve it should still enter the correct end or you will have a sticking problem.

Thanks for the pic and explanation Dave. I'll double check mine sometime and repost. Tim

Mine looks and its installed just like Daves. On mine i use 2 -90 deg ends instead of straights.

I am surprised that nobody has said this yet.

Have you guys checked your switch yet. Same thing happend to a buddy of mine's car. We hooked up the line lock and couldn't figure out why it was doing that. We even hooked up my line lock because it worked just fine. Turned out to be the switch. The switch was a normally closed switch wich means that your line lock would always bee on. Line locks should have a normally open switch. Which means that the switch should be off.

Here is what you do. unhook one side of the switch..... get a test light....don't push the button down, touch the side that is unplugged......if the test light comes on then this is your problem....

Thanks...I will accept all visa, mastercard, MO, and cash....:D

Yes... tried the switch... In fact 1st I used a rocker switch so it was obvious when it was on or off. Later I changed to a momentary switch and the LL is on when the switch is pressed and off when not.

Steve