Line lock installed

Here is a picture of mine. Column shifter linkage clears easy!! Can be put back to stock in minute's
2 brake lines 3/16" - 8" long, untoched
1 elbow npt to inverted flare
1 union tee inverted flare
1 inverted flare plug
1 npt plug

Well, opened my "2-port" line lock pkg from Summit and, it's actually a 4-port--just like this one/ yours. Opened the instructions and it indicated, in BOLD print, be sure to use SAE threads only as NPT threads can strip & create much potential for leaking. Perhaps this is why many have reported problems with some "threads/ not sealing" with certain line-lock valves....

Well, back to the parts store(s) for two additional SAE plugs, several 3/16 SAE to 3/16 SAE inverted flare adapters + return my 1/8" NPT to invrtd flare 3/16 90 deg els...

Why can nothing be as simple as it seems "in the beginning"?

Monte

Some pics for refrence.
Parts from O'Reilly's.

Edellmann fittings:
2 elbows npt to inverted flare, ede-122320
1 inverted flare plug, ede-120300
1 union tee inverted flare, 130333
2 brake lines 3/16", 12" long, ags-bl312

Terry,

Unless your brake fittings for the front left and right caliper lines have been changed out, how did you get them to thread into that tee fitting?

I purchased that very same tee fitting at O Reillys, even gave them the same p/n you listed....what I got back is a tee fitting that's good for 1/8 npt....the fittings that were originally screwed into the proportioning valve are not 1/8 npt.

Also the pipe plug I received to plug off the one side of the proportioning valve...which is a 1/8 npt...doesn't fit well. (allows valve to leak)

Please help...I'm in the middle of this and want to get the car finished so i can roast off the hides w/o tearing the brakes up.

Not sure how many of you race but I just read this in the NHRA handbook..

3:1 2010 Regulations

".....If brake system includes a differential pressure switch,
line-loc installed on front brakes must have solenoid installed after the
differential switch. All line-locs (electric or hydraulic) must be selfreturning
to normal brake operating mode."

According to this all line locks must be installed after the proportioning valve if you have one..

Just figured I would post if someone didn't already know..

Arthur

Not sure how many of you race but I just read this in the NHRA handbook..

3:1 2010 Regulations

".....If brake system includes a differential pressure switch,
line-loc installed on front brakes must have solenoid installed after the
differential switch. All line-locs (electric or hydraulic) must be selfreturning
to normal brake operating mode."

According to this all line locks must be installed after the proportioning valve if you have one..

Just figured I would post if someone didn't already know..

Arthur

That rule has been in effect for as long as I can remeber.

Looks to me that the Turbo 6 cars have a ton of room on that side.. Mine was a whooore to install. My header is really close. Turned out really nice though. I will post pictures tonight if I remember.

Arthur