2 elbows npt to inverted flare, ede-122320
1 inverted flare plug, ede-120300
1 union tee inverted flare, 130333
2 brake lines 3/16", 12" long, ags-bl312

Attachments

• Line lock.JPG
    Line lock.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,222
Nice install! I'll be going out to buy all the parts Monday. I've had the solenoid for some time now just didn't know how I wanted to go about pluming it in. But now I do know! :) Thanks for the post! :cool:

No. It would be brass and not cast iron. Your looks just like the one I just replaced. Nice install

I just read the recall. The cast iron one is the one that can cause brake failure and the brass one is the correct replacement. See copy below.

GENERAL MOTORS HAS DETERMINED THAT CERTAIN 1986 CHEVROLET "B"
STATION WAGONS WITH POWERMASTER BRAKE SYSTEMS WERE BUILT WITH
COMBINATION VALVES AND PRESSURE SWITCHES WHICH MAY BECOME
FAULTY. IF LEFT UNCORRECTED THESE VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A "HARD
BRAKE PEDAL" OR "INCREASED BRAKE PEDAL TRAVEL". THESE CONDITIONS
MAY BE CAUSED BY A CAST IRON COMBINATION VALVE ALLOWING AIR TO
ENTER THE BRAKE SYSTEM OR BY A PRESSURE SWITCH LEAKING BRAKE FLUID.

TO PREVENT EITHER OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS FROM OCCURING, VEHICLES
WILL BE INSPECTED AND THOSE EQUIPPED WITH THE CAST IRON COMBINATION
VALVE WILL RECEIVE A NEW BRASS COMBINATION VALVE. ALSO, PRESSURE
SWITCHES WILL BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY.

Link to recall notice. Brake Bleeding, Rear Cylinders, and Linelock Install

I just read the recall. The cast iron one is the one that can cause brake failure and the brass one is the correct replacement. See copy below.

GENERAL MOTORS HAS DETERMINED THAT CERTAIN 1986 CHEVROLET "B"
STATION WAGONS WITH POWERMASTER BRAKE SYSTEMS WERE BUILT WITH
COMBINATION VALVES AND PRESSURE SWITCHES WHICH MAY BECOME
FAULTY. IF LEFT UNCORRECTED THESE VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A "HARD
BRAKE PEDAL" OR "INCREASED BRAKE PEDAL TRAVEL". THESE CONDITIONS
MAY BE CAUSED BY A CAST IRON COMBINATION VALVE ALLOWING AIR TO
ENTER THE BRAKE SYSTEM OR BY A PRESSURE SWITCH LEAKING BRAKE FLUID.

TO PREVENT EITHER OF THE ABOVE CONDITIONS FROM OCCURING, VEHICLES
WILL BE INSPECTED AND THOSE EQUIPPED WITH THE CAST IRON COMBINATION
VALVE WILL RECEIVE A NEW BRASS COMBINATION VALVE. ALSO, PRESSURE
SWITCHES WILL BE INSPECTED AND REPLACED IF NECESSARY.

Link to recall notice. Brake Bleeding, Rear Cylinders, and Linelock Install

I agree :D

I just did my line lock just like yours but I can't get it to work. I think it is electrical. I went from a switched power source, through the 5 amp fuse, then through the red light, then to the push button switch and down to the line lock. When I push the button the red light gets real bright but my test light (probed by the button) slowly begins to glow, but not very bright. Should I move the red light to after the switch? I thought my switch was bad but it seems to work.

I might have figured it out. My line lock cylinder is just the opposite of yours. I thought it could go either way. I just noticed that the instructions show an inlet and an outlet. Would that be it?

Watch out..... Once I started w the burn outs it hasnt stopped.... I love it.. One of the cheapest and colest upgrades ever.. Enjoy, ohh yea save your scratch for new tires....

Some pics for refrence.
Parts from O'Reilly's.

Edellmann fittings:
2 elbows npt to inverted flare, ede-122320
1 inverted flare plug, ede-120300
1 union tee inverted flare, 130333
2 brake lines 3/16", 12" long, ags-bl312

I don't suppose these same part numbers work at Advance or Autozone or Car Quest or even Napa? We have no O Reillys here around my area. :frown:

I don't suppose these same part numbers work at Advance or Autozone or Car Quest or even Napa? We have no O Reillys here around my area. :frown:

Yes they do cross over :D. At advance Auto, just look in the brake fittings kits.

Well, I had no luck with part nos. cross-over @ Adv Auto--except the 12" brake lines which were, in fact BL-312, by AGS Company. However, I was able to rifle thru their "inverted-flare" fittings bins & found the plug (320393.1), 90 deg El (320493.1), & found the tee (43521) on the rack/shelf.

Those nos. will be in their system as they just scanned these parts/nos. for prices (a reasonable $15.07 incl 7% tax).

Rec'd my Summit 2-port line lock (SUM-760002) several days ago & hope to install next week--while waiting to receive my rebuilt TE-44 (+ upgrade to TE-60 :biggrin: ) back from Limit Engrg...

I already have the wiring & switch (console/ash tray)--so did not need electrical hookup "kit". GOOD LUCK with your setup...

I mounted mine right up by the master cylinder.

Install was about a half an hour because I had a lil brake fluid seepage from over tightening one of the fittings. I can take a pic if interested.

Here is a picture of mine. Column shifter linkage clears easy!! Can be put back to stock in minute's
2 brake lines 3/16" - 8" long, untoched
1 elbow npt to inverted flare
1 union tee inverted flare
1 inverted flare plug
1 npt plug

Attachments

• 2007_112411-22-070011.jpg
    2007_112411-22-070011.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 893
Install was about a half an hour because I had a lil brake fluid seepage from over tightening one of the fittings. I can take a pic if interested.

Tks for pix offer, but I'm going to go w/ the "under-car" install, similar to TT87gn's--I have the 2-port valve like his, as opposed to 3-port of TURBOGTA1's...

TurboTerry87gn--one of your new lines appears to be shorter than 12"--did you cut & reflare, or is it just the pix. I'm thinking I should just perhaps exchange one of my 12" ers for an 8"--wadayathink??

My combo valve has not been replaced. Would GM replace it after all this time for free?

I did too, but beware, after a couple of months the proportioning valve failed. Now I will put it where I should have in the first place.... after the proportioning valve. It makes sense now that I think about it, if you line lock the pressure up by the master cylinder then release the pedal the proportioning valve will have full pressure to the front line and no pressure to the rear line, which I'm guessing is hard on them.

Chuck