limiting movement in stock motor mounts

tttype

My engine torques over & touches hood.
Could solve problem with H&R mount, but car is very light weight & dont want solider mounts shaking the car.

Dont have an easy location to mount a torque strap.

So is there any old school methods to limiting the stock mount from moving to much ?
Would like to keep maybe 1/4" of soft movement to soak up idling vibration but limit full throttle torque .

I made a brkt, bolted it to the rear of the dr head. Cabled it to the rear side of the lower control arm. Did well at 850 FWHP, stock mounts

there was a post a few years back about putting a couple of 3/8" bolts thru the rubber part of the mount to tie it together like they used to do with the old Chevy mounts that would tear in half in the 60's.

RJC brace looks like a nice piece. I have not used it personally. I had the torque strap but got the HR mounts. They do not really vibrate that much IMO.

I just installed a rjc brace , pain in the ass to install but works great. My engine was moving so much I couldn't keep my I/c pipes together , now no problem.

there was a post a few years back about putting a couple of 3/8" bolts thru the rubber part of the mount to tie it together like they used to do with the old Chevy mounts that would tear in half in the 60's.
Thats what I was searching for. Tried a bunch of search terms with no luck.

I have always used the stock replacement motor mounts from Autozone without any problems on 4 rebuilds in different 86-87 turbo regal cars since 96 with a lot of mods.

No excessive movement at idle and my ATR external gate 3'' downpipe dosen't hit either.

The passénger side replacement mounts that many parts stores sold had a defect and didnt
Bolt up properly. The stock GM mounts are best for eliminating vibration. Altering them in any way will likely result in harmonics. You could run an adjustable tie down with a double threaded sleeve and leave slight slack in it so it's not preloading the engine and it will limit engine rotation under power. Anytime you hard mount the engine to the frame you will get harmonics. There is no way to cancel the harmonics in an even fire v6 without a balance shaft