question about motor mounts...

Getsidewayz04

wanna get the hrpartsnstuff.com poly motor mount on the drivers side, just for a little protection. My question is for people who have this installed, Does the poly mount make the vibrations too much to enjoy? Ive always been told the poly mounts transfer more vibrations than stock rubber, and since this is my weekend toy I dont want to have the car shaking badly to the point where it annoys me too much lol. how much difference did u notice before/after?? thanks again guys, later.

No difference on one car, minor vibrations no biggy on car #2.

That is with the ORIGINAL Harder Rubber ones they sold first.

I wouldn't hesitate to order the new softer rubber versions for any of my cars. :smile: :cool:

They don't cause any shake, if your car isn't running right and shaking, it could be transferred more with a harder rubber mount, especially if the factory one is shot.

Have both poly mounts ( newer version for either Stage, or 109 blocks ). No problems here! Brian

If you notice anything at all it is almost unmeasurable. My downpipe creates more vibration than the motormount does. By the way, it is money well spent!

wanna get the hrpartsnstuff.com poly motor mount on the drivers side, just for a little protection. My question is for people who have this installed, Does the poly mount make the vibrations too much to enjoy? Ive always been told the poly mounts transfer more vibrations than stock rubber, and since this is my weekend toy I dont want to have the car shaking badly to the point where it annoys me too much lol. how much difference did u notice before/after?? thanks again guys, later.

I have just the drivers side installed to eliminate the old hold down strap more than anything. I does vibrate a little more but not bad at all, it is the older style. I kind of like that though, makes the car feel a little meaner.

With a smooth idling cam or stock cam you should not notice any more vibration. My GN has stock cam and the HRparts poly mount on both sides and there's no noticable difference....
However, my '95 TA with a 236/242 cam there was a huge difference with polys in both sides...vibrates your teeth out sitting at a stop light :D

Since your discussing motor mounts, if you have a solid trans mount do I need to run solid motor mounts, does anybody even make solid motor mounts for our cars

Since your discussing motor mounts, if you have a solid trans mount do I need to run solid motor mounts, does anybody even make solid motor mounts for our cars
A solid tranny mount won't help too much for engine torque side to side which is mainly what you are eliminating with the poly or solid motor mounts, making sure all the hp is transfered to the flywheel.
I had to get a poly tranny mount in the TA cause I kept breaking regular rubber mounts in half on the shifts....thanks to Brian making it have neck snapping shifts :)

thanks for the replies, i think i will order the poly drivers mount for my car because I want that added safety and I really do not want to use a torque strap on my car. The stock mounts on my car actually look pretty good, I was having some false knock issues earlier in the summer and i just want to rule out everything I can.