Light/soft metallic scrape sound from ???

mc575

It appears to be coming from turbo ( hard to tell), goes away when engine warms up. I removed turbo and inspected housing , it looks clean with no scrapes around impellers . I replaced bushings anyways . Reinstalled and noise continues when cold. WTF? By the way this happens with serpent belt removed to.
Any suggestions guys?

You might want to check the adjustment of your crankshaft position sensor to make sure one of the reluctor tabs isn't dragging as it passes thru the sensor.

Neal

Balancer wheel rubbing the plastic bracket for the alt charge lead, timing chain rubbing a broken tentioner, timing chain kissing the timing cover, oil pump eating itself (hope not), goofy piece of road debris lodges close by the crank snout.... or aliens.

You might want to check the adjustment of your crankshaft position sensor to make sure one of the reluctor tabs isn't dragging as it passes thru the sensor.

Neal
X2. Had this happen to me years ago....found it when the reluctor ring took the sensor out completely...sudden death of the motor and no restart....

I replaced the crank sensor today as the one off car looked rough, noise is gone for now...thank you guys!