Ligenfelter TTA Back on Ebay

TT/Ameasap said:
Somebody should nab that car up for 30k.
I would buy 2 TTA's with 30k miles then one with low miles I would never drive. Why does it make it more valuable that he drove it? The TTA to him is like a cavalier to us. He is into vettes.

Jason

Go find a cloth festival car first. Then sprinkle a little history in with it and you have a very rare TTA.Bobby unser's car should bring big money also. These car's are not 20yrs old yet, but when they do hit that age, you will have to have something special because the average milage for a TTA is 30k miles. TTA's wont hit until the 20yr mark. Look at the GNx's.....Everything else follows. I had the choice 5yrs ago to buy a GNX or TTA for close to the same price. Now take a look.This is my experience and evaluation over the last 5 yrs, so take it for what its worth.

Bo

TT/Ameasap said:
Go find a cloth festival car first. Then sprinkle a little history in with it and you have a very rare TTA.Bobby unser's car should bring big money also. These car's are not 20yrs old yet, but when they do hit that age, you will have to have something special because the average milage for a TTA is 30k miles. TTA's wont hit until the 20yr mark. Look at the GNx's.....Everything else follows. I had the choice 5yrs ago to buy a GNX or TTA for close to the same price. Now take a look.This is my experience and evaluation over the last 5 yrs, so take it for what its worth.

Bo

yeah, most cars tend to decrease in value from when it was new to about 14 or 15 years later. Then they typically increase a little and just hover around the price until about 20 years old where they start increasing value until they're about 25 years old. The TTA was a little bit different because of the rarity of the vehicle so the price never really dropped as significantly as a normal vehicle but I think they will increase in price much faster once that 20-25 year old mark is hit. Out of the 1555 TTAs that we're made I would guess that there's about 1200 left. Alot of them have been parted out, turned into full out drag cars, or crashed.

Yea I don't get the fact that Lingenfelter owned this TTA and it should be special for that reason. He didn't do anything to it other then drive it. There is no real history other then he "owned" it at one time. I'm sure he just bought the car to see why TTA's were kicking the doors off his wonderful vette's back then. The fact that it's a festival car is more appealing to me then him owning it at one time. I'm gonna go and print some papers up sayin Carroll Shelby owned my TTA at one time! Maybe I'll get 100K for it :D
I still can't get over that busted up door lock. That takes away from it all. I mean just fix the thing. There is plenty of high end body shops out there that can fix that and you would never know in a million years it was repaired. Someone collected the insurance money and said f it on that deal I guess at one time. :rolleyes:

The TTA's will have their day. Long after the high mile ones are gone and the ones that are raced are in the scrap yard. It's an awesome car. It's a buyers market for them now. I think your off on the numbers.. I think there can't be much more then 800 of them left. I know way to many of them that have been wrecked, or stolen and never showed back up. Just last summer I know of one that was parted out, One that was wrecked and totaled, and one that caught on fire and burnt to the ground and that's just around me! :eek:

And when you go to sell your car, you will have that Hemmings motor mag sprawled out all over that car. ;)

If it was owned and titled in his name, it is worth it in my book. The guy is a legend period.

phillyturbosix said:
Yea I don't get the fact that Lingenfelter owned this TTA and it should be special for that reason. He didn't do anything to it other then drive it. There is no real history other then he "owned" it at one time. I'm sure he just bought the car to see why TTA's were kicking the doors off his wonderful vette's back then. The fact that it's a festival car is more appealing to me then him owning it at one time. I'm gonna go and print some papers up sayin Carroll Shelby owned my TTA at one time! Maybe I'll get 100K for it :D
I still can't get over that busted up door lock. That takes away from it all. I mean just fix the thing. There is plenty of high end body shops out there that can fix that and you would never know in a million years it was repaired. Someone collected the insurance money and said f it on that deal I guess at one time. :rolleyes:

The TTA's will have their day. Long after the high mile ones are gone and the ones that are raced are in the scrap yard. It's an awesome car. It's a buyers market for them now. I think your off on the numbers.. I think there can't be much more then 800 of them left. I know way to many of them that have been wrecked, or stolen and never showed back up. Just last summer I know of one that was parted out, One that was wrecked and totaled, and one that caught on fire and burnt to the ground and that's just around me! :eek:

your right I'm probably a little off on my numbers but I can't really see it being as low as 800 though. Not with how many pop up on Ebay all the time. I mean there is almost always atleast 1 TTA listed on ebay, not to mention all the other sites like cars-on-line.com and autotrader.com. They're quickly disappearing though and I don't think it'll be any more than 5-10 years before they quickly shoot up in price.

As for this car bringing more, I agree that the fact that it is a festival car is more appealing to me than it being Lingenfelters. However knowing that Lingenfelter once owned it will increase the value a little but I don't think it should be all that much. I think it would increase the value about the equivalent of a car being featured in several magazines or something along those lines.

Yea but Carol Shelby just signed the dash in my TTA today and I signed the title over to him for a few hours then back to me!! :p :D

800 did seem on the low side after I posted that.. but I would think anywhere between 800 and 1000 left. Allot of the TTA's you see on eBay are repeats as well keep in mind. I know of three different ones that have been popping up on eBay since last summer! Every few months the guys toss it back on. That's why I'm always pushing for people to register their TTA's on that registry we have set up on TTA.com Gives us some idea. Like the GNX we'll never know just how many are left I think.

I think 800 is a good guess. No way there are 1200 left. Look at the new Zo6's. There is a picture of a totalled one every week it seems. People back in 89' had no idea what these cars were. I've seen many totalled ones, a couple of burned ones, and a few tubbed ones.

Jason

TT/Ameasap said:
TTA's wont hit until the 20yr mark. Look at the GNx's.....Everything else follows. Bo

Uhhh, if thats the case how come MINT, VERY low mile '86 & '87 Turbo T's
value's are still sooooo low??? You can get a MINT low mile, still in the wrapper,
Turbo T for around ~19-21k now...but a GN..that'll be about26-30k....

Hopefully our TTA's will follow the GN's, but more likely the'll follow the T's!!??

TClassic said:
You can get a MINT low mile, still in the wrapper,

Hopefully our TTA's will follow the GN's, but more likely the'll follow the T's!!??

I am not sure what you consider low milage, but it sure would be a good find to get one in a wrapper for $19-21K. If you know of one, I'll write a check right now. Last wrapper one I had seen went for $26K and that was over the winter.

As far as Turbo T's. they suffer from being the GN stepchild. Low mileage '87 GN's are going for $24K and up.

TClassic said:
Uhhh, if thats the case how come MINT, VERY low mile '86 & '87 Turbo T's
value's are still sooooo low??? You can get a MINT low mile, still in the wrapper,

I don't think they're going to follow the Turbo Ts. Look at every low production, high performance TA. They bring pretty high dollars now, there the 73 455SD, 74 455SD, Ram Air III, Ram Air IV, 69 Trans Am, every one of them in mint condition will easily have a 6 digit price tag. The 15th Anniversarys are climbing now, and so are the 10ths. There's no doubt in my mind that the TTA will follow the Pontiac "supercars" that I listed before because of their performance and rarity. It's all about the name that they created for themselves when they were first released. With the TTA many people who were into cars at the time dreamed of owning a TTA, infact at just about every show I get atleast 1 person telling me they remember when the TTA came out and they dreamed that they would own one someday, and that they still do. It was known for being more expensive and faster than the vette. There's a major legacy behind the TTA and it really set the standards for everything that would follow. Heck, the TTA performs right with the 98 TAs in stock trim, even with the 9 year difference.

Also in every generation of Trans Am there is that one car that everyone desires. In the 1st Gens it's of course the 69 Trans Am, 2nd Gens is the 455 SDs, the 3rd Gen is the TTA, and the 4th Gen is the Firehawk. Every one of those was a limited production car and were the top of their generations.

I think I've done enough rambling to get the point across. There's much more to the TTA than it just being a LC2 powered 3rd Gen. It paved the way for the new musclecar era and set the standards high for the vehicles that we're soon to come.

70Mach1 said:
I am not sure what you consider low milage, but it sure would be a good find to get one in a wrapper for $19-21K. If you know of one, I'll write a check right now. Last wrapper one I had seen went for $26K and that was over the winter.

As far as Turbo T's. they suffer from being the GN stepchild. Low mileage '87 GN's are going for $24K and up.

Opps my bad, I thought you were talking about a TTA in a wrapper, not a Turbo T. Sometimes I think before I read.

72firebird said:
I don't think they're going to follow the Turbo Ts. Look at every low production, high performance TA. They bring pretty high dollars now, there the 73 455SD, 74 455SD, Ram Air III, Ram Air IV, 69 Trans Am, every one of them in mint condition will easily have a 6 digit price tag. The 15th Anniversarys are climbing now, and so are the 10ths. There's no doubt in my mind that the TTA will follow the Pontiac "supercars" that I listed before because of their performance and rarity. It's all about the name that they created for themselves when they were first released. With the TTA many people who were into cars at the time dreamed of owning a TTA, infact at just about every show I get atleast 1 person telling me they remember when the TTA came out and they dreamed that they would own one someday, and that they still do. It was known for being more expensive and faster than the vette. There's a major legacy behind the TTA and it really set the standards for everything that would follow. Heck, the TTA performs right with the 98 TAs in stock trim, even with the 9 year difference.

Also in every generation of Trans Am there is that one car that everyone desires. In the 1st Gens it's of course the 69 Trans Am, 2nd Gens is the 455 SDs, the 3rd Gen is the TTA, and the 4th Gen is the Firehawk. Every one of those was a limited production car and were the top of their generations.

I think I've done enough rambling to get the point across. There's much more to the TTA than it just being a LC2 powered 3rd Gen. It paved the way for the new musclecar era and set the standards high for the vehicles that we're soon to come.

Could'nt have said it better! You nailed it right on the head! :D

My $$ on Jims 800 number.. I have been around this kinda stuff for quite a long time and have seen how many get lost to accidents, stolen, run into the ground.. There were only 547 GNX's and I see then too on ebay all the time..

Exactly my point. There is a whole other crowd for the TTA. GN's are matched too many times because they share the LC2. They will more so seperate one day on the auction block.Thats why I am saying that this car will be a money in the bank situation. In how much time? no one really knows for sure. The 20yr mark tends to bring the collector status which brings the money and this car has collector potential. Jeez, I dont even have one anymore and I have to convince the people that do to hold on or buy one with collector potential! :eek:

phillyturbosix said:
:D Keep racing and putting miles on that TTA Brian.. just keeps makin mine worth more money! :tongue: :p :D

Yea, well I DO have 8 EASY Full 1/4 mile passes, thats an Awful lot :eek:
And before me it had ZERO passes..and lets see I DO have 15k on here now,
so the miles are getting High :eek:

No Jim, I agree with ya, I've Already Proved the cars Fast, just like ALL the TTA's NO POINT in making any more Track Passes - What's the point!! I'll let all those other fools whoop on thier TTA's and keep mine mint - Thank You Very Much!!

Wonder how many Passes are on Wes Dayrimple's TTA(Sp), theres some Durability for ya...

TClassic said:
Yea, well I DO have 8 EASY Full 1/4 mile passes, thats an Awful lot :eek:
And before me it had ZERO passes..and lets see I DO have 15k on here now,
so the miles are getting High :eek:

No Jim, I agree with ya, I've Already Proved the cars Fast, just like ALL the TTA's NO POINT in making any more Track Passes - What's the point!! I'll let all those other fools whoop on thier TTA's and keep mine mint - Thank You Very Much!!

Wonder how many Passes are on Wes Dayrimple's TTA(Sp), theres some Durability for ya...
Easy? haha...Any stock car running 12.3's is being pushed hard. Good time anywho..

Jason