lifter questions?

lgonzalez_1986

dont know **** bout gns
i have my valve covers of my engine how do i check if anything needs adjusting, springs, rockers, cam(wiped lobe) etc?

adjusting stuff

There is really no way to adjust anything in the valvetrain except for adjustable pushrods which I dont recomend, Trust me.
The first thing I would do and it is very simple is take the rocker arms off and check with a stright edge the top of the valves and make sure they are all even across. That will tell you if you have any bent valves. The next thing to check (with the rocker arms installed) is rocker arm height. Bring the cylinder you are testing up to topdead center (both rocker arms are at the top of there travel) if one is lower than the other you have a wiped out cam lobe. Make sure your lifters are pumped up, or this might give you a false reading. You might be able to see a compression loss in the suspected cylinder if is bad enought . Hope this helps :)

thanks thats very informative, could i run the engine with the valve covers off? and how do i get the lifter pumped up for each individual cylinder? thanks