Lifetime warranty Power master

LSTTYPE

I have my receipt for my power master for 644$. It says right on the receipt that it's lifetime warranty. It shorted out and is leaking internally. I called Oriellys and they said it's discontinued and I was like "well it's lifetime warranty and I paid allot of money for this thing so something better be done". They said to call them back tommorow to talk with their upper management. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? Don't they legally have to replace it or refund my money??? Thanks

The warranty should be printed on the ticket or on their website. Whatever that says is what they are legally obligated to do.

How old is the Power master , personally I have never heard of a life time warranty on a Power master. Now I have heard of limited Lifetime Warranty.
First of all I would not call them on the phone,I would drive to O'reillys with my receipt in hand , walk in with a calm head and asked to speak with the MOD
{ Manager On Duty } Explain to he or she that you bought that Power Master in good faith under the assumption if the unit fails or inoperative it would be
replace free of charge. If it says Lifetime Warranty on the receipt they should honor it, what does the fine print say. Post a picture of the receipt an maybe
one of our members that is a lawyer may chime in.

How old is the Power master , personally I have never heard of a life time warranty on a Power master. Now I have heard of limited Lifetime Warranty.
First of all I would not call them on the phone,I would drive to O'reillys with my receipt in hand , walk in with a calm head and asked to speak with the MOD
{ Manager On Duty } Explain to he or she that you bought that Power Master in good faith under the assumption if the unit fails or inoperative it would be
replace free of charge. If it says Lifetime Warranty on the receipt they should honor it, what does the fine print say. Post a picture of the receipt an maybe
one of our members that is a lawyer may chime in.
It will be the 4th one they've had to replace however it is not made anymore. It does say limited lifetime warrantee on the receipt unfortunately. Hmmm

wow 4 power masters? I feel like I'm taking a risk as I'm still on my original one!
If Cardone has never touched your unit,it's a good thing. The OP bought a unit re manufactured by a company (Cardone) who couldn't re purpose a paper clip. This is the same company who can't turn out a MAF sensor that even comes close to working on our cars.

I only went through 3 Cardone units, all under lifetime warranty thru Auto Zone. I paid $230 for the first one and never paid again. I sold the third one without ever installing it to a very happy Canadian who installed it at a car show in Ohio and drove it home. At least I assume he made it home.

Mine is a cardone also. Each one was junk and the last one has been questionable for the last 5-6 years. I will not chance a Powermaster again. I did contact oreilly's today and they said unfortunately, it's not made anymore and they will have to refund the amount on my receipt. We shall see as the receipt is for 644$. I heard about the lifetime warranty cardone units on this board crack in the day. I'm sure you could do a search and find the old thread.

I bet he will have a fight on his hand,being this is his fourth Power Master. If he received any type of monetary ,and he should consider it a blessing.

It's O'Reilly and he has the receipt.

He will likely get his money back.

I recently drilled a hole in my 6 month old battery from Advance. They still replaced it under warranty. I think he will get his money back.

Got a full refund, plus they let me keep my core. I think it can be fixed

Dammed!!! Full refund you where blessed, Power Master with 4 lives and maybe 5 . What I would do is get in contact with Clint at RCG,and let them build that P/M right.

Congrats! You came out on top there!

If u don't want to fix the powermaster, why not go hydro?

The PS pump has to have a lot more ass to run the brakes and the steering. A hydro conversion might unearth a pump that can steer just fine but doesn't have what it takes to run the brakes too.

It would really suck to get fed up with a powermaster that's finicky and hardly works, just to end up with a hydroboost that does the same thing.

Kirban 2 cents worth

First, Cardone is a very good company as I have been dealing with them direct for over a dozen years now. Their headquarters is near me.

It was my company that pressured Cardone to get the brake bowl made years ago. Its true the pm unit is not available in any auto stores that I am aware of because Cardone has no cores. All the cores they have are mine.

They have one guy and one guy only that rebuilds all the pm units all these years and they have the proper testing equipment....units from us have a limited lifetime warranty meaning as long as you own the car and I am above t he ground it won;t cost you anything....yes some have issues but when you have sold several thousand of them things happen these were not great early on either when they were new.

as for the mass air flow sensors again issues yes but the technology on them is 30 year old now. Yes RC does rebuild them and that is a good option....

Currently we sell about an even amount of pm units and vacuum set ups because we have the vacuum pedal.

I understand the frustration but we have workable solutions just like kits for the terrible window issues.

Our cars are not perfect.....far from it.....

But Cardone can only do so much....rite now I get units in the motors are burnt up I have to get those windings redone which cost us another $150.

The situation will only get worse as cars continue to age like the drivers....

Cardone is a very very big player in the rebuilding business supplying many of the auto stores.

I got lucky as they don;t deal with mail order companies direct. They also made the new aluminum drums you can buy anywhere now.....again we provided the parts and idea. Currently they are working on another product that will fit every G body car out there that nobody has made yet....

denniskirban@yahoo.com