Let's talk tuning and times for the 93 guys...

jsta6

John 15:17
Last time I was at any track was Bradenton last March.

Stock turbo, alchy and street tires (not DR's). I couldn't tune much becuase I had to leave early. Before I left I got 13.2.

Now I have a TE44, 2800 stall converter and Nitto DR's.

G-tech gives me 12.85 on the street. Leaving with 0-2 lbs boost. I am ASSuming that time will come down 2/10 - 4/10 at the track.

ATR sway bar and boxed uppers and lowers go on this weekend.

So, I am shooting for mid to low 12's. Maybe some of you can help me tune and I will see if I can crank out an 11.99.

My question to you 93 guys is, what is your combo and what do you run?

Who are you and what did you do with the guy that wanted to keep his car strictly street!! ;)

What is your mph in the 1/4. Your going to need around 115 mph to hit high 11s. A little lower if you have slicks and launch it hard.

My combo is pretty much a stocker. I run 16#s of boost. I use the combo below at the track. I dont use my drag radials evryday because I would like them to last me a while. When I ran my 13.7 my boost gauge light was out and it was dark so I couldnt see what PSI I was launching at. It felt around 2300rpms. On a video of a run I can distinctly hear my turbo spooling as I was powerbraking for the launch. With a better launch and some fine tuning I am hoping to see 13.5-6 range.

-Justin

I have never run my car strictly alky and 93 oct. So this will be a lesson in tuning, fine tuning actually. So im gonna spend the weeks before hand trying to make this baby sing, and be safe.

Scott

One thing to remeber is the class can be won by a consistent car. not a fast car. Running on radials is a drivers thing, and keeping the cars on 93 makes it even more so.

So a 12.50 car can very well take the trophy home. Becuase if a fast car blows the tires, it turns into a mid 13 second car.

Jsta6, I'll help ya. No problem. You'll need to start watching the behaviors of your motor on alky, make timing/fueling changes, dial the suspension in by inreasing/decreasing air to the bags, tire pressure, etc. Boost controller would rock on street tires. As said before 113 is the minimum to get you into the 11's typically with a fair 60 foot..problem is on radials.. thats another deal. May need to soften the launch and up the MPH. That only happens with upping the boost and timing.

Your combo will get you into the 11's if the car is "in tune" and you push it a little. I run a protorque 2800, PT51 turbo, MSD50's, 160 stat, valve springs, downpipe, and a lot of boost. That help :)

I thought the track at Bradenton was pretty sticky when I was there last march. I was on regular street tires, not DR's.

Mid-day Saturday, when lots of cars were running, the track was nice and sticky. I left with 5lbs to get the 13.2.

Sunday morning was a different story. I was one of the first cars out there and the track was no where near as sticky. I left with 5lbs and almost spun the car around 360.:eek:

At 13.2 for et.. everything appears sticky. At 11.50-12.00 way way way different story.. As soon as you leave the boost hits 23..wooosh goes the tires..

Didnt you used to have a different screen name? Your sig sounds familiar. I think we met at SpeedWorld a couple times. You have, or had, nice polished Torq Thrusts on your GN, right?

Scott

I am GNCOL on the other board and I think that was my name here until the 'crash'. I do have TT II wheels. :)

Yep, thats it. I remember you, you probably dont remember me.

Scott

Well i feel so special now. Just kidding. Are you coming down to Bradenton this year?

Scott