Let's do a michigan TR meet this summer!!!

I'm willing to meet anywhere you guys pick out...I love coming up to Michigan :) Car hasn't ran better in its entire life!

Randy....whatever the masses can agree on will work. We just need more input.

Don - sorry I won't be doing the Chelsea thing this year but you are MOST welcome to come to whatever we have :)

That's cool...how's the car doing Bill? What...are you UP to like 40k miles now? That's sickening! Some days I wish I could turn back the clock about 10 years when my car had that mileage. But it sure is fun when you can blow past a new Z06 or Viper on the highway!:eek:

D, car is running great. Has 39k on ig :) I have been to two shows this year and hoping to get a Mich meet scheduled.

Glad to hear your GN is running great as well.

I think Frankenmouth would be fun, but, I'd be up for anything!! The Moose Preserve event last year was my first TB event and I really enjoyed it.

Well the key thing to keep in mind when picking a place to gather is we all need to park together and we will not all be arriving at the same time.

That pretty much rules out any gathering that is spur the moment (ie we need to plan ahead) and we need to enlist the host to save us spots.

A regular car show is hard to do this as everybody wants the spots you are trying to save.

I have 2 GN's 86 80000 miles 87 9800 miles both cars are virgins never been around other TR's . Please let me know were you decide to go if not chelsea and when..

keep an eye on this post as the final decision will most likely be made here :smile:

One post? Are you new to the TR board Clownshuz2?

Where are you located?

yes, first time I have left a post but I have been here before a time or two.
I am over by Ann Arbor......

Michigan Turbo Buick Gathering

I'm in.I do have to admit that the Baker's thing is a terrific idea.I'm there nearly every weekend (without my "T"-its being painted).I'll go wherever in Michigan.

Bakers

I was there yesterday, it was packed! I didn't see any other TB's though. I was there from like 4-5. There were a couple of car clubs there, one Satellite, and some van club. It's a cool weekly gatherin..........

So what's the next step? We need to nail down 'where' so we can move on to 'when'.

I think Bakers is more likely to draw the SE Michigan people as it is right off of I-96.

Morning Randy.

Baker's is a restaurant up in Milford. Every Sunday (weather permitting) the owner Chris hold a cruise in from 3-7. People start gathering before noon most days.

There is food/drink (you have to pay) and live music. He gives out awards too.

It is a large parking lot with a grassy lawn to the side for additional parking.

For a large gathering like I am proposing Chris will rope off a section of the lot so we don't have to worry about parking together.

More info: Bakers of Milford - Banquets, Receptions, Weddings, Cruise Night, Restaurant/Bar

Thanks for the response. That sounds like a fun time! Let's try and set something up for Saturday afternoon...

As far as the cruise in goes, Chris only does that on Sunday. They are a banquet hall the other times and I imagine on Saturdays they are very busy and would not be giving up their parking lot to car people.

A gathering at Bakers, if that is were we decide to go, will be on a Sunday.