Let's do a michigan TR meet this summer!!!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I usually do a "Fling" at a bank in Chelsea. I can do that again this year but I want to toss out the option of having a meet somewhere else that might be more convenient to everyone.

Anyone want to meet in Chelsea at the bank or somewhere else? Maybe a park with a BBQ?

I like to meet somewhere public so the masses can drive by and wish they were with us :cool:

Let's hear some opinions on what kind of meet to have.

That's actually much closer than the guys who usually come from IL and IN :)

Let's keep this thread rolling (seeing as it finally got started) and see what works for everyone.

Bill,
I would be in for something. Really like to have a chance to get to know the rest of the Michigan area group. If you would like to have something in Frankenmuth I have connections. May be too far north for most but if people are interested its a great place for the family.

Doug. That would work for me but but have to see about the other TR people.

I have my own business with a place to park 60 cars...bathrooms....etc....but it is not on a main road and half the fun of a meet is making other people wish they were one of us ;)

We should see if Mike Licht would be up to having a get together at his shop if he has the time.

I'm interested. The bank in Chelsea has allways worked fine but a location closer to the Detroit area would work too.

yeah i would like to get to one frankenmuth would be sweet for me cuz its real close but if i ever get my car done i would go almost anywhere in MI to meet up with fellow TR people

I'm in the middle of the state so anywhere is fine with me. We could go with the Grand National theme and meet at Michigan International Speedway (or somewhere in Brooklyn) on the saturday in august when they race the Busch Grand National Series.:cool:

when is this goin to take place? it doesnt matter where I would love to go for a meet but i dont expect my car to be done for another 2 weeks or so

Just kicking more ideas out.

Hardcore Racing in Brighton might be interested in hosting something for us. Would probably be a weeknight. They are just off US-23 at M-59. They are also starting a cruise night up soon. Their resident engineer used to run the dyno cell for the Turbo program. Cuts down on the time window but does not involve a weekend. (they would let us do burnouts!)

Meet an established car show. What's the one in Milford? (Bakers?)

So far for possible sites
Chelsea
Frankenmuth
Brighton
Milford
Brooklyn

How about at the downriver cruise. In Wyandotte on Fort st. just throwing it out ther. lots of cars/people= gauker delay with lots of buicks/pontiacs.

The downriver cruise is cool but I was hoping for more of a sit down hang out kind of thing :)

I am, however, attending the cruise so that can be the 2nd TR event this summer.

I have been to Bakers in Milford and that is a cool place. Chris (owner) said he would love a gathering of TR's to appear. That gets my vote!

Bakers has their cruise every Sunday, weather permitting.

This would be cool for a 'car show' to hang out at but it is a car show with awards so that might turn away some people who do not want to show their cars.

That is why I was thinking originally of either a park, the bank in Chelsea, or some other hangout where we gather just to hang out and not worry about having to clean and polish and so on.

That being said.... we should:

1) gather for the downriver cruise
2) gather a few times at Bakers
3) still decide upon a group outing where we just sit around and BS :)

Just my .03

If you want to do something here we can work that out. I wanted to do someting this spring but could never get a date together
Mike

Bakers

Is a great time. If we wanted to do something before hand, we could meet up in the park in downtown Milford. I will be at Bakers pretty much every Sunday I can get there, they usually have about 1000 cars!

A bunch of us gathered at Bakers in Milford today. The owner restated his offer to rope off a large portion of the parking lot for us to hold a TR gathering.

If we invite the Sy/Ty crowd like I usually do.....and get 20+ TR's to all park together....that would be quite the site.

That would offer food, drink (they had beer), bathrooms, and a TON of other cars to look at as opposed to just our own.

He runs the shows on Sunday until the end of September.

We could pick a date in August or early September then pick a second date in case the first is rained out.

Thoughts?