Less expensive Guages?

My gnx clone came with black faced VDO gauges. I like the old school look. The white face gauges don't seem to look good, to me. Fuel level gauge needed a tap on the dash to get it to read right. I replaced it with an Autometer gauge that looks almost exactly the same. It's been a year and so far it works fine. The remaining VDO gauges are fine.

Something that sweeps as fast as a boost needle, I want to stay mechanical for accuracy, I want it to be 100% accurate, and I dont want to pay triple to have an electrical one when there is actually LESS hookup on a mechanical. Thats just me.

Has anyone compared the accuracy of the typical VDO gauge to an Autometer sport comp? I have a mechanical sport comp oil and water, and I'm wondering if I should snatch them out of my Chevelle (I'm putting it up for sale) and use them to replace the electrical VDO water and oil gauges?

And yes to the original poster Autometer does have an electrical fuel pressure gauge, yes it is pricey, but from what I've heard it's actually more accurate than the mechanicals when used with the isolator; without the isolator I think the mechanical might be more accurate.

I have the FAZE guages in my talon and i have checked them and they are with specs of the stock ecm readings. i bought those @ adavnce auto parts

if your really worried about the gauge being off a tiny bit and damamging the car you guys must be running on right on the ragged edge then.

guages

I f you need a cheap electronic fuel pressure and boost guage, try B&M black out guages available through Jegs. They work really well in my TR.

as stated before you get what you pay for. I had a set of Autometers & found that they were not as accurate as I wanted so I stepped up & bought a set of Stewart Warner's. they are not that much more in cost, but they are accurate.

I did all Carbon fiber autometer gauges in my GN, just to go with my whole dark color scheme inside, but I would have to say that if i were to do it over again I would do VDO Vision series gauges. I had them in both my Typhoon and my H22 Honda civic. VDO in my opinion is the best you can expect for accuracy, and that comes from using them in the field alot at work. Almost all major european car companies have VDO gauges factory, BMW, Mercedes, AMG, Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Porsche, and most importantly, RUFF, which does not put their name on a single car that goes less than 200 MPH. The sets are cheap, and look great, simple and easy to read.