Lesabre GN emblems.

SVT F15O

Coolest guy on Earth
Anyone have any idea on what these things are worth. I have a pair, new in GM wrappers somewhere around the house. I remember YEARS ago when Kirban was selling a pair for several hundred dollars. I am not sure I would even get rid of them, just curious, that is all. They are pretty neat if you ask me and so is the story behind me getting them so they have a little meaning. -Mat-

The last set I saw on eBay fetched over $100. I paid almost $60 for a pair of the equally rare GranSport emblems about 3 or 4 years ago. If anyone has the money for a trademark license I also have the name of the company that made both of those emblems for GM.

Attachments

• 86 GS Emblem.jpg
    86 GS Emblem.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 415
Anyone have any idea on what these things are worth. I have a pair, new in GM wrappers somewhere around the house. I remember YEARS ago when Kirban was selling a pair for several hundred dollars. I am not sure I would even get rid of them, just curious, that is all. They are pretty neat if you ask me and so is the story behind me getting them so they have a little meaning. -Mat-
Hello,
Can you post a pic of the emblems and how much do you want for them?

...and, how about telling the story. :cool:

The last set I saw on eBay fetched over $100. I paid almost $60 for a pair of the equally rare GranSport emblems about 3 or 4 years ago. If anyone has the money for a trademark license I also have the name of the company that made both of those emblems for GM.
Hello,
Care to share the vendor's name?

Thanks - Peter

Saw a N/A Lesabre 150 Sequentenial TX edition.
Anyone hear of such a thing?

I bought 3 of the emblems like above for my 1 86 Century GS about a year ago and paid a bit for them,but I needed them and got a package deal on those,plus 2 NOS GS wheel centercaps,the dash emblem like the above emblem, and a NOS Buick door sticker. I still need some parts for both of my 86 Century GS cars..I would think $100 would be an easy price to get for your LeSabre GN items....

I have a pair of these emblems new in a box in my basement. Didn't know there was a demand for them. I thought they were different looking and cool.

They are different and they are cool in my eyes as well.

The story isn't really that great, but brings a smile to my face.
My buddy was dating this girl that lived around the corner from my house. We were over her house one day, probably a good 6 years ago or so. I was bored out of my mind there and started talking with her dad about stuff. We got on the subjects of cars and then Grand Nationals. We talked for a little more and then I joined my friends ago. We are exiting through the garage and he stops me and says "I want you to have something." I was kind of lost for a minute and then he opened his small tool box and handed me these emblems. I told him "I can't take these." He insisted. I showed them to my father and he explained to me what they really were. He also showed me the Kirban newsletter were he was selling them for a decent amount. Part of me said sell, sell, sell(I was young). Even though I didn't know the guy beside our little converstion they still held some meaning so I have held on to them. The girl was cute and my buddy screwed her over. I should have gone after it! :) -Mat-

Mine have the red "6" like those but say Grand National instead of Gran Sport. The ones I have are correct for the Lesabre aren't they?....:confused:

Hello Dewey,
Yes... the all red six and Grand National are for the LeSabre GN.
Thanks -Peter

Thx for the clarification Peter. That's what I thought they were but wasn't 100% sure.

The Ebay set of emblems are 1/2 correct, 1/2 not.. The upper Gran Sport ones are from a late 80's early 90's Regal. The 2 lower ones like the pic posted above are correct,as is the smaller round one thats for the steering wheel cap.

Saw a N/A Lesabre 150 Sequentenial TX edition.
Anyone hear of such a thing?

Yep sure have.1986 LeSabre. I cant figure out why? GM knows the Lonestar State as the largest market for Suburbans in the world. That's why the B-body was canned and SUV production took up in Arlington. And this was the only 150 year model that I have heard of. Today you can get a special package on GMC Sierra trucks. RPO TUF. Texas Edition.

BTW the all red "6" indicates NA V-6. The orange and red jobs are turbos.

Back from the dead, I stumbled on these things today and decided to post up some pics.

LeSabreGN001.jpg

LeSabreGN002.jpg

LeSabreGN003.jpg

Those are cool looking. If I were to put GN emblems back on my car, I would probably go with those.

Hello,
Really nice emblems and thanks for posting the pics. Kirban has some of the emblems and has been selling them on eBay on and off for a few months now. I have a 1986 LeSabre Grand National and have two questions - what is the part number and are you interested inselling them?

Thanks - Peter

Hello,
Really nice emblems and thanks for posting the pics. Kirban has some of the emblems and has been selling them on eBay on and off for a few months now. I have a 1986 LeSabre Grand National and have two questions - what is the part number and are you interested inselling them?

Thanks - Peter

Peter, how much has Kirban been selling them for>??? I remember years ago when he was selling NOS ones for big money!

kirban 2 cents worth

I have some of these all red versions 100% factory...only made on the 1986 LeSabre GNs....fell out of the GM pars books way back around 1987 since only 117 of those cars were built. Mine are not in the wrapper.

Send me pm if you are interested. I got a few.

denniskirban@yahoo.com