LED's for injectors

oldtimer

I've got an interesting problem. Put the car away in the shop for the winter. Car was runninig OK when I parked it. Over the winter I did some brake work and I just pulled the transmission to change the converter. Got that done and went to start the car to bring trans fluid up to level and "IT WOULDN'T START."

Looked at the XFI box; power lite is on as well as cam & crank

The LED's for the injectors all come on but they do not blink sequentially like they should while cranking. They all are on constantly. What would cause this, as this seems to indicate that this is the area of problem.

I'm pretty sure I didn't screw any wiring up ... I don't think

I have 43 lbs. fuel pressure while cranking.

Because it was starting and running fine when I parked it, It would seem that the problem should be be attributed to something I've done .. but what ?:confused:

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

George

When you cam sensor fails (while running) the car goes into "limp home mode" which is batch fire. They all fire off. When you shut the car down, it will not restart.

I would suspect the cam sensor, it's connections,and its position.

Are you running a Casper adapter box or stand alone harness? Did you by any change unplug the injector harness when you unbolted the trans?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Are you running a Casper adapter box or stand alone harness? Did you by any change unplug the injector harness when you unbolted the trans?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy, I have a stand alone harness and I didn't touch the injector harness. I'm curious as to what are the possible causes of why the injector LEDS all staying on at the same time and not blinking. It's almost as if they either are not pulsing or they're on continuously. I'm not near the car right now so I can't check it right away. I could't find anything in the XFI manual.

George

We ran into a similar problem.

The motor was out of the car, tranny out and batter disconnected for six months or so. We recently put everything back together. The frist time we tried to start the car, the timing was so far out that the motor tried to run backwards. (We're using the stock crank trigger and a distributor.) It actually took out the starter motor.

I changed th starter and downloaded my most recent configuration file and all is well. I don't know if others have had similar problems or if its something unique to mine.

Hope that helps.

Chuck .... checked that all ground wires were connected ... all OK.

Louie ...hecked for wires pinched between tranny and engine ... all OK

I'll try to get hold of Cal tomorrow. He knows these XFI's inside out.

Hopefully. It's something simple beyond my electronic brain:rolleyes:

George

Sorry George, I was away all weekend. Give me a call anytime tomorrow so I can get a better explanation what is happening. We'll get her figured out.