Lear package

Yes a 84 GN is rare
Many people comment on the interior at the few shows I go to
The worn seat panels were replaced in 2002 with original fabric:)
So she is in very good shape
Except under the hood that's different matter;)
She's not a Hot Air:biggrin:
My guess less than 50% left
10% in very good condition

Anybody have any of the cloth for the seats? My seats are in great shape except for nickel size hole in drivers seat. I need a piece big enough to replace the top left hand cloth on drivers seat bottom. Also looking for drivers side (sand color) arm rest, and one of the end caps that go on the rear package tray(dark brown) the body shop that has had my car for three years has lost those pieces.

I've tried.

I've tried getting the fabric there, they sent two different fabrics but neither one matched. The second piece they sent color matched but it didn't have the deep cross hatch embossing. I'm not saying anything bad about GBody, I've had plenty of good dealings with Brian. I'm not sure if they didn't have the fabric I needed or if we were just getting our wires crossed. LOL

Here's my interior, really good shape except that hole I mentioned earlier.
2884211817_eeb35ea902.jpg

Does anyone have any good interior pics? I want to put the Lear back in my car and get all the colors right. My console is black with the grey top piece. That isn't right is it? What color is the carpet, console, door panels, and headliner? Thanks.

mikes montes has the new seat covers fro the front and rear. need to use your old foam than is in the ceat cover as the new ones are 1/2 in thick and the factory ones are about 2 in thick. when i did my seats there is a date code of 5/9/83 inked on mine. my car was built on 5/4/84

car6.jpg
[/IMG]
car5.jpg

Here's a couple I have. The light color is called Sand Color Grey, the carpet, fabric on the doors and seat, headliner, center console, and trim pieces. The leather, rear package tray, and dash are a dark chocolate brown, not sure what the factory name of the color is.

Does anyone have any good interior pics? I want to put the Lear back in my car and get all the colors right. My console is black with the grey top piece. That isn't right is it? What color is the carpet, console, door panels, and headliner? Thanks.

Get a hold of Intercooled88s, he has three cars with Lear Seigler interiors that he is selling parts off of.

????

car6.jpg
[/IMG]
car5.jpg

Here's a couple I have. The light color is called Sand Color Grey, the carpet, fabric on the doors and seat, headliner, center console, and trim pieces. The leather, rear package tray, and dash are a dark chocolate brown, not sure what the factory name of the color is.

Ok I have a 84 with the same interior, but the question is how many came with a digital dash cluster??? Cause I have a digital dash in mine and the one pictuerd doesn't:eek:

Mine was an Astro roof from the factory and has Digital dash and Lear seats with the seat belt guide in the headrest.

mine does

+ 1 more.
I am the original owner of mine, when my motor finally gave out 2 1/2 yrs ago, I had Jack Cotton convert mine over to a 87 drivetrain. Best money I ever spent on it, the best of both worlds, comfy seat for the road cruises and decent power for the track.
Chuck

Not very many. Went with my friend Rottydog with the 84 Lear interior and it is beautiful. Moonroof is even rarer. They only built 2000 84 TTYPES with the GN body option. Even fewer with the Lear interior. Good luck Brad

Hey I think that is my old car. Wish I had it back. I hated driving it because I did not want to ruin the seats!

84 with some input

We have an '84. Yes it's got the Lear seats but what we also have is a digital dash. I haven't seen a lot of is '84's w/ the digital dash. How many of you guys have that? I've never seen another like ours. We (my dad) bought it new in '84 so I know for a fact it's OE.

Same here!

My 84 has LS seats, not in the best of shape. Has a Digital dash cluster that works fine, big shock. And a power astra roof!!!!!!

It really blows peoples mind out here when they see it. Everyone has the idea that all GN's came with the black and grey seats. Most think mine was custom done at one time, but I tell then it is from the factory that way and they look like I am full of it:rolleyes:

The 84 that I use to own had the digital dash, twilight sentinal system, and manual windows. The dash worked fine but I did not like the boost light.
No astro roof or t-tops however. And yes, everyone asked if the seats were custom. They were much more comfortable than the seats in my 87.

I also got the usual dumb comments like "you should have bought the 87 with the twin turbos":eek:

As far as the LS seats, I am not sure but werent these also the same seats that were in the 82 GN's?

As far as the LS seats, I am not sure but werent these also the same seats that were in the 82 GN's?

They were the same basic seat but the color of fabric and leather were a different shade. Also the Turbo6 logo sewn into the headrest was different.

agreed

We don't run into to too many people who even know what a GN is much less realize that the '84 GN is unique with it's sweet leather interior. The one time someone did know we got the same thing. I had to explain that we got the car new so I know for a fact it is not a custom interior. I friend of ours did a search once and he came to the conclusion that there were only 384 GN's w/ LS, digi dashes, and hard tops made. He worked at a GM dealer in the 80's but i won' say he is beyond mistakes. I actually never knew there was a moonroof option. That would have been sweet for sure.

Thanks for the reply

Enjoy

Not sure if I came across something rare or not, but I have an old set of the LS front seats in my basement. They came from an old rust bucket parts car that I bought and stripped years ago. All that was worth keeping when I got the car was the seats, hood, fenders and Ttops and sent the rest to the crusher. Not sure why I kept the seats because they need a total recover. Anyway, I got them back out yesterday thinking I could use the fabric as a templet for a redo. I noticed the trim pieces that cover the reclining mechanisms are blue. The ones on my 84 GN are grey. Did these come from a special order Ttype or???