Lear package

Not sure if I came across something rare or not, but I have an old set of the LS front seats in my basement. They came from an old rust bucket parts car that I bought and stripped years ago. All that was worth keeping when I got the car was the seats, hood, fenders and Ttops and sent the rest to the crusher. Not sure why I kept the seats because they need a total recover. Anyway, I got them back out yesterday thinking I could use the fabric as a templet for a redo. I noticed the trim pieces that cover the reclining mechanisms are blue. The ones on my 84 GN are grey. Did these come from a special order Ttype or???

if you or the previous owner bought new trim from gm at some point of time then i will come blue and paint to match. i got my dash panel by the windshield new and had to paint it dark grey for the 84 dash.

They were the same basic seat but the color of fabric and leather were a different shade. Also the Turbo6 logo sewn into the headrest was different.

also the chevy camaro had the same seats around the same time. i wish i still had the pic. in the center of the seat back where our black leather is is had the name camaro on it

camaro
camaro
camaro
camaro

Ah yes. I remember the L-S seats in the 82 Z/28 Indy Pace Car replicas. I think 82 and 83 were the only years for them in the Camaro. Firebird used the Recaros. Buick also put the L-S seats in other cars like the 84-85 Century and the Pontiac Sunbird. I think I even saw them in a Turbo Skyhawk.