Leaning issue.

87gnguy

At what point do you max out 60lb injectors and also at what point do you need to upgrade to dual nozzle alky. I took my car to the track the other day and it ran lean just as it hit 3rd gear (O2s were at 600 and knock at 7.1) and popped one of my head gaskets. The mods are in my signature for you to look at. My 60s and single nozzle alky were fine for a stock motor with a 62/62 turbo, but now it moves ALOT more air so I was wondering if I should upgrade the injectors and/or add a 2nd alky nozzle. I was running about 23lbs of boost also.
Thanks,
Casey

I think you have plenty of injector for your combo. Maybe alky ran low or bad tune? You have enough pump to feed the injectors?

I also think you have enough injector. I am running 55lb. with a 6765 turbo. reds double pumper. turbo tweak chip and 2 nozzle alky. alky on 7, 26-28lbs of boost and fuel turned up to 145. duty cycle on the injectors is 90%. i would look at the following:

leak in the alky system (look for it at the pump and the fuel filter fittings). it is a must to run the alky full when at the track due to fuel slosh. tired pump (fuel and or alky). not enough fuel via the chip. if you have a a power logger i would recommend installing fuel and akly pressure transducers so that you can see what is happening.