Lean at Idle??? log included

cecil bass

I been trying to get this car running right before I install my buick sportsman. as soon as it starts running right something else happens\ goes wrong:( ......well my issue now is all of a sudden my car stays lean at idle ???? what can cause a lean at idle condition? even my PLX gauge at idle slowly but steadily rises to lean then reads "AIR"? I included a log so those inclined can chime in on things they see wrong.
Thanks

Attachments

• test.014.dat
    91 KB · Views: 91
You MAF reading is too low for idle, and all your BLM's are way up around 142 (which is the top limit in that chip).

Its possible an intake/intercooler hose has blown off, which allows air to bypass the MAF.
Also make sure your fuel pressure is not way too low.

Another possibility is the MAF went bad. In that case, you might has well put the Sportsman on there, since it won't use the MAF.

You MAF reading is too low for idle, and all your BLM's are way up around 142 (which is the top limit in that chip).

Its possible an intake/intercooler hose has blown off, which allows air to bypass the MAF.

Another possibility is the MAF went bad. In that case, you might has well put the Sportsman on there, since it won't use the MAF.

Eric, I have the AFX WB that has to be calibrated. I couldn't find anything on the PLX. Is the AFX the only one that needs to be calibrated?

Wow, think it's the MAF ?? I just got it new from turbo tweak . Is there any way to test it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
you might has well put the Sportsman on there, since it won't use the MAF.

My only issue is that I know nothing about FAST..im just hesitant putting it on will it make things more confusing or will it make it easier finding out my issues?

I been trying to get this car running right before I install my buick sportsman. as soon as it starts running right something else happens\ goes wrong:( ......well my issue now is all of a sudden my car stays lean at idle ???? what can cause a lean at idle condition? even my PLX gauge at idle slowly but steadily rises to lean then reads "AIR"? I included a log so those inclined can chime in on things they see wrong.
Thanks
Like I was saying earlier one problem After another .....Didn't do anything since I was messing with the car yesterday now the car won't start at all ........im at a lost.... as I was trying to start it I saw smoke under the hood by the downpipe so I looked under car by the cat and saw no clamp where downpipe and cat meet. Think this could be my problem?
dce6182b38cff01b7c81d215488cc158.jpg
acad7571a320009a026a411f66fead3b.jpg

The MAF "could" be bad. I also mentioned other things to check. If the engine is gulping any air that is not read by the MAF, it will read too low and be lean.
If nothing else can be found, then send back the MAF for testing and/or replacement. If its under a year old, it's under warranty.

The PLX does not require calibration. Also, you are not using the wideband for idle or driving, so it wouldn't matter anyway. The stock O2 is also reading lean.

Like I was saying earlier one problem After another .....Didn't do anything since I was messing with the car yesterday now the car won't start at all ........im at a lost.... as I was trying to start it I saw smoke under the hood by the downpipe so I looked under car by the cat and saw no clamp where downpipe and cat meet. Think this could be my problem?
dce6182b38cff01b7c81d215488cc158.jpg
acad7571a320009a026a411f66fead3b.jpg

That could use a clamp. Looks pretty loose. I would put a couple slices in the flange then throw a stepped band clamp on it. It's not the cause of your problems though. Surly not the cause of your no start problem.

Do you have fuel pressure? Do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? Check fuel pump fuses?

That could use a clamp. Looks pretty loose. I would put a couple slices in the flange then throw a stepped band clamp on it. It's not the cause of your problems though. Surly not the cause of your no start problem.

Do you have fuel pressure? Do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key on? Check fuel pump fuses?

Yes, I do have fuel pressure . Pump does run at key on. Would a leak in my intake cause this no start problem?

Yes, I do have fuel pressure . Pump does run at key on. Would a leak in my intake cause this no start problem?

Not likely. It does not use the maf for the initial start. Does it sound like it wants to start? Or just crank

Not likely. It does not use the maf for the initial start. Does it sound like it wants to start? Or just crank
It sounds like it wants to start...... when it almost starts you hear what sounds like a intake fart at the end

Strange. Did you try to hold the throttle open a little? Also try wot."clear flood mode"

Strange. Did you try to hold the throttle open a little? Also try wot."clear flood mode"
Yes, tried to pedal it to force it to run....no luck also did wot, thats when it makes the fart noise when it doesn't fire.

Verify power at the module plug with the key on. Two pink and black wires should have 12v

Pop off the cam sensor cap and make sure the wheel is tight. Also make sure it spins when you turn over the engine.

Verify power at the module plug with the key on. Two pink and black wires should have 12v

Pop off the cam sensor cap and make sure the wheel is tight. Also make sure it spins when you turn over the engine.
All is good there!!

I found a leak at the dog house where the power plate is with a boost leak tester @ 5 psi of pressure ..... would this cause no start conditions ???