leaking tranny

Futwa

i just finished a rebuild on my 200-4r which included a shiftkit and a 13 vein pump, along with some red clutches and upon my first test drive i noticed smoke. I immedietly pulled over and descovered tranny fluid leaking from above my servo, and more towards the rear of the car. To my knowledge the only hole anywhere near there is the breather hole. Is this correct? and why would it be blowing fluid out of the beather hole? my first though is that it might be overfilled but i checked and rechecked it and the fliud is at the very bottom of the dipstick. I'm also running and art carr deep pan, 10" converter and my dipstick is a lockar flexable unit, which in itself might be the problem.....any suggestions guys? i will crawl under the car one more time when it cools and verify the breather hole as the source of my leaking.

Sounds like it's your vent tube...

(breather) Sounds like it made a beltch, common when over full, may have been alittle before it beltched it out. Also possible you may not have ran it enough first (to purge all the air out) before you test drove it. Fill it to the correct amount try it again if it don't happen again I'd bet your fine.

okay, i filled it up until i could see a little fluid on the bottom of the dipstick when it was cold. Ran it a little and it began to spew more fluid out after a very short trip. The trans works fine, it just sprays fluid all over my exhaust..still looks like it's comming from the breather hole. Above and behind the servo and it also drips down by the cooling lines.

Pump has got one of several things going on if you cannot atttribute it to fluid level. I would never trust a Lokar dipstick. Most vent problems are related to overfilling or expansion due to heat. Trans has to vent when hot. More hot More vent. If you are certain that this is not the problem, pump vent cavity has to be crossleaking somewhere and spewing out vent. It could be anything from pump gasket torn to pump halves not flat to pump gears and or slide is severly too small in the bore and transferring pressure to vent cavity. But if not overfilled which I would bet on, then pump crossleak is where I would look.

Lokar + Buick = Trouble.

WE4

how should i check the fluid level? i don't have my stock dipstick anymore, and i was originally leaning more towards it being overfilled because it spews fluid whenever i put it into gear and put a load on it...before it even begins to get how. Should i just let the fluid come out until it stops leaking? i have no clue how many quarts are in here now due to the leaking from the vent hole. I will drive her today until she stops leaking and then see what happens.

Get the right dipstick from auto parts or at least pull that one out and see if it drains any out from the hole where it goes in.

i drained all the fluid from the pan and put in 5 quarts and the trans works great now...but it still sprays fluid all over the place, so i'll pull the dipstick tomorrow and then i guess i'll pull the trans and replace the pump gasket and make sure i don't have a cross leak occuring...any other thoughts/tips guys....