LCD or DLP For a projector (120") screen..

nonoss38

Does anyone have any advise??:) I was thinking of DLP, But the More I read , I just dont No>>.:D:D

Thanks,
-Matt

what is your budget? Any ambient light in room or total darkness. Do you have the screen yet. I can help you with any phase of your project.

what is your budget? Any ambient light in room or total darkness. Do you have the screen yet. I can help you with any phase of your project.

Room size is 23' x 21'
Room can be shut off from any light if needed
Seating will be (Around) 13Ft.

Here is my list so far, Tell me what you think...;)

Chief RPMAU Projector Mount

Focupix Fixed 115" or 120" Screen, (White) (Is there a widescreen Vs Normal Option?)

Epson 8350 (If I go LCD):confused:

Mitsubishi HC 4000 (If I go DLP):confused:

In Wall 7.1 MonoPrice 8" 3-Way Speakers.

Onkyo Tx-sr 608 7.2 (I Like all the features for the Price):eek:

Universal mx-880 Remote

PS3 For BlueRay

BIC Americ F-12 For the Sub..

What so you think?? I Do Like the Looks of the In Wall Set up so that is a must, and This Is Going To Be For Movies/Games..

I am running the Wires For the Rears, and I am really having a hard time for Placement..:confused: The Projector Mount Will be at 14.5 Feet (From Screen and Seating is at 13Ft. How far behind the seating and to the sides should I pull the wires??
What All Do I need Ran up to the projector? I Did run a smurf tube, and mounted an outlet for power.. Powered Sub takes a good HDMI Cable, But anything Else?

Any advise you may have will be great!!:D

Thanks

On more question..

Do you really think 14/2 V/s 16/2 Speaker wire will make a differance?

Thanks in advance,
-Matt

Check out Visualapex.com .Bought the Ebson 8700ub and 100in screen ,1080p picture is fantastic.when we have folks go to the movie room and watch a football game or HDmovie they are always blown away.:cool:

Question for the projector guys. Anyone heard of using a grey vs. white screen? I read somewhere that it produces a better picture, any truth to this?

Question for the projector guys. Anyone heard of using a grey vs. white screen? I read somewhere that it produces a better picture, any truth to this?

The grey is if you have to much light in the room. If you have a way to block off all the light, Then the white screen is the best way to go..;) I just got done making my 125" Screen..:eek: Cost me a total of $275.00.. It ranks right up there with a $2000.00 screen from da-light....:)

I have an Infocus IN72 DLP projector (it's a few years old) and it is awesome I bought it when they first came out and we love it. Our family has used quite a bit. Infocus has great projectors, I highly recommend you check them out. They have a screen calculator for their projectors that adjusts for the different throw rates of each projector. The bulb in mine has 2000 hrs on it and they recommend you change the bulb out at 3000 hrs if you use it on high power. There is a bulb hr meter and I don't use mine on high because it is in my finished basement and I have a 100" screen. The day I installed it my brother came over and checked it out. He ordered his on the way home. He made his screen 124". It's alway a pissin' match Check out their website infocus.com. They are awesome projectors.

As for the screen I bought the screen material on ebay and the guy sent a dvd on how to build it. Very simple. 1x3's or 1x4's it is your choice for the frame. It will look like a sideways 8. The center vertical support needs to be recessed by putting a penny behind the bracket. That keeps that support from bulging out and being seen. If this is the way you end up going I can give you more info and walk you through it.

Bringing this to the top. I'm finallly ready to do my projector. Question: Are the Epsons still the best thing going? Or is there better technology 6 months later? Also, assuming I go with the Epson, is the 8700 really $1000 better than the 8350? I also need to explore screen options. I'm sure it will be a fixed screen in the neighborhood of 100" and I'm open to building it myself. Thanks in advance. scott