LCA relocation brackets help!

elcamino383

searching for many moons has resulted in more confusion. :confused: i have BMR lowers and adj uppers, wolfe anti roll bar. my LCAs sit about level now, maybe SLIGHTLY downward. if i installed the LCA relocation brackets (moving the axel mounting point down 2 or 3 inches) the LCAs would be pointed way upward, is this too much? also i would have to remove my Lakewood traction action slapper bar things. is this trade worth it or would that be too much instant center or whatever. i know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here... thanks in advance guys!
:)

1. Why do you have slapper bars on?

2. Where the arms are sitting is subject to how high or low you have the rear of the car. It's virtually impossible to give advice about what to do without a baseline of what you have currently. Plus you need to know the angle on the UCAs also.

Measure the following heights with tires installed that you will be using for racing at the appropriate body height you feel is necessary. Measure it all on flat level ground with tires aired properly also:

a. UCA - center of bolt at axle bushing to ground
b. UCA - center of bolt at crossmember to ground
c. LCA - center of bolt at axle flange to ground
d. LCA - center of bolt at frame mount to ground
e. length of UCA center to center
f. length of LCA center to center

Repost when you have all this.

I think Elco's are like G bodies and they have basically a 4-link/coil suspension. Since there is nothing to "curl up" like leaf springs would then the slapper bars do nothing. Looking forward to your measurements.

The "slapper bars" he is talking about mount to the rear LCA bracket, they have a angled mount that lines up the bar with the frame, the snubber contacts the frame. Anyway, Elcamino383 - you must decide which traction device you want to use. You cannot "stack" traction aides. IMO the way to go is with the stock type (boxed or solid) bars with the relocation brackets. Those brackets can drive you crazy & are easier to instal if the car is on a lift and a welder is available. The LCA's will point upwards with the relocation brackets ,that is the idea, they relocate the instant center to the middle of the car. The adjustable uppers will control your pinion angle. Getting both sides of the brackets mounted right can be the hardest thing.