LC-1 Fitment Issues

slow305

One Cool Guy
I'm having problems with the LC-1 connector. I've had it break two times already and I think it's because the connector between the LC-1 and O2 sensor is getting too hot and failing (it's under the hood). I would really like to put the connector inside the car, but I don't want to drill a 1 inch hole in the firewall. I would rather run it up and in through the passenger door jam, but the wire coming from the O2 is not long enough. So that brings me to my question...

Is it possible to extend the wires on the O2 side? Are they a calibrated length or is it fine to just cut and splice in some new wires?

Its no problem if you extend the wires. I would suggest solder and shrink wrap.

There is another option to get through. Pull the ecm kick panel. Right there in firewall there is a big grommet with 2 big holes and some lines going through. Not the one that the main ecm wires go through but right above that you will see the other one.

Pull that grommet and slice the side open the vacuum lines go through. Remove the plastic holder and carefully cut it in half with some side cutters . Now you have a place to get through. Put the sensor through from the inside. Get it through first then fa-niggle the grommet back in place.

I been putting the sensors in the pipe before the last bend, facing the passenger side going right toward the grommet.

HTH GL

I ran mine through the grommit where the shift cable goes through the floor. The LC1 controller then hides under the carpet, under the counsol. There is enough wire to run over the trans over to the downpipe. :cool: