launch psi problem!!!!!!!!

rock1057

:confused: Wandering how to hold the car, holding the car with the brakes. When staging with brakes, anything over 6 psi and the car starts moving forward. Have front and rear disk brakes and a 3300 stall. Would like to be able to leave with at least 10 psi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the line lock When?

87TIGN said:
Line locks are always an option...
I do use my line lock for a burnout before staging. You mean use the line lock at the starting line with the brakes too. Unsure of what ya mean.

rock1057 said:
:confused: Wandering how to hold the car, holding the car with the brakes. When staging with brakes, anything over 6 psi and the car starts moving forward. Have front and rear disk brakes and a 3300 stall. Would like to be able to leave with at least 10 psi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Get an adjustable proporting valve and send more pressure to the rears. A line lock wont help anything but your burnout. Better yet you can get a transbrake and never have a problem building boost. You will need a lot of suspension mods to take advantage of the transbrake.

87TIGN said:
Line locks are always an option...

Line lock wont help getting more boost with REAR disc brakes, discs love heat.

Normally rear discs suck as holding boosted brake launches cause they are cold and the car will move,.. they need heat.
I suggest you getting a tranny brake cause on a cold night, the rear discs wont hold any boost and that is why your pushing.

Either do a large burnout without a linelock and see how the results are, or get a tranny brake.
I have a manual t-brake, love it.

Also, timing, tuning and fueling can play a major factor on how well the car spools up, ought to get a nice sig so we know what you have so we can compare notes
BW

Sorry guys i had the wrong impression of what a line lock does. i thought you could use them for staging?

Where can you get one of these valves at?

bison said:
Get an adjustable proporting valve and send more pressure to the rears. A line lock wont help anything but your burnout. Better yet you can get a transbrake and never have a problem building boost. You will need a lot of suspension mods to take advantage of the transbrake.

Where can I get a adjustable proporting valve at?

t-brake for a 200r trans?

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Line lock wont help getting more boost with REAR disc brakes, discs love heat.

Normally rear discs suck as holding boosted brake launches cause they are cold and the car will move,.. they need heat.
I suggest you getting a tranny brake cause on a cold night, the rear discs wont hold any boost and that is why your pushing.

Either do a large burnout without a linelock and see how the results are, or get a tranny brake.
I have a manual t-brake, love it.

Also, timing, tuning and fueling can play a major factor on how well the car spools up, ought to get a nice sig so we know what you have so we can compare notes
BW

What company has a t-brake for a 200r trans?

I will also agree on rear disc brakes sucks for launching a car.

The original drums can easliy hold 15psi+ at the line with the bigger wheel cylinders and shoes.

Transbrake!
rock1057 said:

Guys Thanks For All Your Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I believe my best route will be definately getting a transmission brake. :D

Was like :confused: now it is real clear ;)

rock1057 said:
:D I believe my best route will be definately getting a transmission brake. :D

Was like :confused: now it is real clear ;)

When ordering the t-brake, you may also want to buy a heavier driveshaft, u-joints, yokes, and axles. While the stock stuff will last a bit, you will break. I would try heating the disc up during your burn out, and see how that works. Brian

Thanks Again For all Your help!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
You can buy the tranny brake from http://www.centurytransmission.com/

He has the good instructions on how to install the tranny brake, may also mention what tranny you are using when ordering the tranny brake...

BW

I contacted Mike.... he replied that he was sold out.... may not have anymore until a new production run around the end of the year....

What about DC Tech Bryan? Do they carry them?