Launch Boost (Boost Controler)

Twistin6

Forgive me if this question is stupid. Do they make such a controler that I can set a pre-determined launch boost target so I can just mat it so to speak at the tree? Almost like a two step but not. Preferably a cheap or budget minded unit. I may be just wishing here though. Thanks iin advance for any help.

It seems I should done more research before posting this question. I there are quite a few out there. The MSD unit looks simple. So I will ask what others are using and have had sucess with if any?

Yes there are controllers. BUT... keep in mind they can only lower your boost down to the level of the spring that's in your wastegate actuator. In the stock style wastegate actuator that would be about 10#. In heavy duty stock style actuators that could be 14-18#.
To get any lower than the above figures you'd have to go to and external wastegate, and suitable springs, with the controllers you mentioned.

Yes there are controllers. BUT... keep in mind they can only lower your boost down to the level of the spring that's in your wastegate actuator. In the stock style wastegate actuator that would be about 10#. In heavy duty stock style actuators that could be 14-18#.
To get any lower than the above figures you'd have to go to and external wastegate, and suitable springs, with the controllers you mentioned.

OOPS!

Do you happen to use this controler and if so how do you have it configured? I am not using the ecm to control boost now. Tuner style I guess is the correct term. I am wanting a device I can set up to spool to 7lbs and then when the foot brake is released let it go full boost. From what I understand reading the item description this is its intent and cheap too. Any suggestions on wiring up a unit like this to function as I stated above?

I don't use a dual stage controller but I've used boost controllers from these guys before and they work very well. The only problem you're going to run into is that the lowest boost pressure you're going to get is your spring and if you're using the stock setup that will be #10-#12. As far as set up just wire the solenoid so it normally uses the controller and tap into the brake switch and so when you hit the brake it bypasses the boost controller and just runs the spring.

Thanks for all the input. It seems I am still going to be forced into an external gate setup to do what I want. I am using the stock style heavy duty actuator so I would be beyong the 10-12 and into the 16-18 range like was mentioned in an earlier reply. Aleast if I do this is an affordable way of controlling boost in a two stage setup.

Thanks for all the input. It seems I am still going to be forced into an external gate setup to do what I want. I am using the stock style heavy duty actuator so I would be beyong the 10-12 and into the 16-18 range like was mentioned in an earlier reply. Aleast if I do this is an affordable way of controlling boost in a two stage setup.

Affordable is a relative term. Cheap? Definately NOT!! Cost of external gate, cost of external gated downpipe setup, cost of controller.

Affordable is a relative term. Cheap? Definately NOT!! Cost of external gate, cost of external gated downpipe setup, cost of controller.

Oh I agree I was only refering to the cost of the controller mentioned above being resonable. And not the entire project with gate and pipe.