Late model LeSabre Gauges in a Turbo Regal

Uhhh

WOW! TREMENDOUS!! OUTSTANDING!! And so on and so forth. Written so well I could even accomplish this. Thanks for sharing and that is nicely done!

Thank you for posting this. A very inexpensive alternative to the pricy GNX dash. Very good work and thank you again.:biggrin:

that is the gauge setup it should have had from the factory.
good job on the VSS.
i want to do this..

Very Nice, if I didn't already have a GP dash, this would be the mod to do. I did something similar fo mine with the VSS so I could use the Autometer electric speedo and the factory ECM. the 2000PPM for the autometer wasn't very smooth.

Are gauge clusters from only 92-93 or are they the same through 99?

The circuit board on the back of the newer clusters appear to be redesigned with much better circuitry. I'm pretty sure they will both work the same way. I have a cluster from a newer model that I'm going to try in the Regal to see if will work. The reason I chose the earlier clusters is because the numbers on the speedometer and the tachometer match; two digits on each gauge instead of two digits for the speedo and single digits for the tach.

Older Cluster

New Cluster

"The reason I chose the earlier clusters is because the numbers on the speedometer and the tachometer match; two digits on each gauge instead of two digits for the speedo and single digits for the tach."

you and i would get along really well.... none of my buddies get my o.c.d. hahaha

The cluster, sensors and connectors all came from a salvage yard. I think it was $45 for all that. Caspers connection conector was about $42. I already had all the other stuff so for me it was about $100. I'm willing to say that the whole thing could be done for $200 or less if you are willing to sacrifice your original cluster bezel and speedometer. If you don't have ANY of the stuff that is needed then it will probably be more since used Regal replacement parts are like gold to sellers.

Another video here.

dash package

I've got the pieces if anyone wants to build it, you'll need to run to Lowes or Home Depot for some of the other parts.
The dash is late model with single digit tach. Included is cluster with harness end, idiot lights, oil pressure sender with wire harness end, water temp with wire harness end, speedo with VSS.
Price is $165 shipped.
Sending units and harness ends not shown in pic but included.
You'll also need the Casper piece or just splice into the factory harness.

Attachments

• Lesabre cluster.jpg
    Lesabre cluster.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 2,184
There you go guys! The salvage yard search is already done for you! I like mine so well, I'm gonna install one in my Malibu.

I am a mechanical engineer and think your work is outstanding! You were very thorough! Over the top!! What do you do for a living?
Conrad

He's an ASE certified Technician.:eek: Some of us try to figure out the best way to do things and he's one of them.:biggrin:

I have found another benefit of adding a 4000 pulse per mile speed buffer to the car. If you have a late model factory GM radio that has SCV (speed controlled volume)...you can add another wire from the 4K speed sensor to the back of the radio. That will allow the radio to automatically raise/lower the volume as the car increases/decreases speed.:D