Late model LeSabre Gauges in a Turbo Regal

Gary,

I haven't got a fasten seat belt light looked up to mine but I do have the brake light. With the key on and engine off I can push the e-brake down and the brake indicator light lights up. I'll have to pull the cluster out to check my wiring harness against the diagram. :confused: I'll change the diagram to correct anything that's wrong.

Gary,

I haven't got a fasten seat belt light looked up to mine but I do have the brake light. With the key on and engine off I can push the e-brake down and the brake indicator light lights up. I'll have to pull the cluster out to check my wiring harness against the diagram. :confused: I'll change the diagram to correct anything that's wrong.

cool...the ebrake,and seat belt switches to ground.....so the lights' common wire should be positive voltage for both....
this thread should be a sticky....thanks....

cool...the ebrake,and seat belt switches to ground.....so the lights' common wire should be positive voltage for both....

Diagram updated.

I'm still gonna pull my cluster (which works) and see if the harness I made matches the old diagram for the idiot lights. I must have wired it correct since the brake indicator light works when I push the pedal down. If it's not, then I had to have made the diagram wrong.:rolleyes: I'm curious now...

tada...

how do you like the chrome pin stripe?:biggrin: I tried to make it classy like oem...
alt quits charging at wot.....will look into that tomorrow...i have a reds volt booster??

Attachments

• IMG_20101016_174832.jpg
    IMG_20101016_174832.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 816
how do you like the chrome pin stripe?:biggrin: I tried to make it classy like oem...
alt quits charging at wot.....will look into that tomorrow...i have a reds volt booster??

Gary that looks awesome. Where did you get the chrome tape? I don't know about the alt@wot though. I will make a run with the T this week and watch it.

Gary that looks awesome. Where did you get the chrome tape? I don't know about the alt@wot though. I will make a run with the T this week and watch it.

thanks Steve.Its chrome double pin stripe from autozone.i only used the small side of the stripe.

my alt is suspect,but I'm going to do some research.

Looks very nice! I'm glad you found that chrome strip. That's what I want to do to mine.

thanks

Looks very nice! I'm glad you found that chrome strip. That's what I want to do to mine.

thanks for the info and inspiration to do this...so nice to see oil,temp,battery,gas and Tach at a glance....also the 100 mph speedo is nicer too.

I pulled the cluster on my silver T and it was wired correct and working fine. I actually made the diagram on the computer after that. As Gary pointed out with the diagram, there was a mistake for the external idiot lights...the BRAKE and the SEAT BELT light. I've corrected the diagram above. No harm would have been done since those lights were actually grounded on both wires. they simply would not have lighted up.:redface: Thanks Gary for pointing that out.:smile:

Anyway, glad to see that a few others have done this swap too! :cool:

I pulled the cluster on my silver T and it was wired correct and working fine. I actually made the diagram on the computer after that. As Gary pointed out with the diagram, there was a mistake for the external idiot lights...the BRAKE and the SEAT BELT light. I've corrected the diagram above. No harm would have been done since those lights were actually grounded on both wires. they simply would not have lighted up.:redface: Thanks Gary for pointing that out.:smile:

Anyway, glad to see that a few others have done this swap too! :cool:

And that explains why the brake lamp is inop on mine.:)

If you wish info on any of the thread in here PM the person. This section is for no solicitation or advertising of services! Sorry guys.:redface:

I am in the processes of starting my conversation. My question is how do you wire the check engine light? :confused:

I am in the processes of starting my conversation. My question is how do you wire the check engine light? :confused:

Once you take the dash apart you will see it is separate from the cluster. No wiring needed it stays as is.

Damn man your a genius! Any idea what other factory clusters would work? I'm Looking for something a little more sporty for mine..

This is right in line with what I have been wanting to do. Unfortunately I have a factory digital dash. Can someone point me in the right direction to make the conversion to analog? Specifically, what would be involved in converting to analog with this gauge setup as the end result?

This is right in line with what I have been wanting to do. Unfortunately I have a factory digital dash. Can someone point me in the right direction to make the conversion to analog? Specifically, what would be involved in converting to analog with this gauge setup as the end result?

My 78 Malibu had a digital dash when I converted it to a GN drivetrain. I also have the LeSabre cluster in it now. I'll try to make a conversion diagram for the "digital to LeSabre" cluster and post it here as well.

I would appreciate that greatly! Does the 78 Malibu have the same wiring/digital interface/connections as the 87 GN?