last time i let anyone i dont know touch my car

RGS87GN

i dropped my car off at a really well known, highly recommended upholstery shop to have the headliner and moonroof re-done. i purposely dropped it off dead on E. i get in and all the gauges are lit up, theres 3 gallons of gas in it and the convertor is locked.....terrific. im the worlds worst mechanic so im not even gonna bother trying to figure out how the hell he managed to cross whatever wires he did that are causing the gauges to stay lit up. cant wait to jump the battery next time i need to drive the thing.

It's time to stop playing nice!!! If you dropped off a automobile with no problems and picked it up with ANYTHING changed that did NOT involve the work you paid for, then they are responsible for correcting it. Good Luck Jon Hanson

i agree but if they do try to fix it they might mess things up more or do a hack job on it.

I wouldn't have pulled my car off their property until I got an explanation as to why they added gas to the tank. Should have written down the mileage when you dropped the car off, and then if they put miles on the car, ask why they needed to drive your vehicle just to replace the headliner. Can never be too careful.

yup, id go back in, explain everything and RIP EVERY MOTHER ****ERS ASS IN THERE!!!! Make sure to take a few BIG friends with you, and im not talking fat!

Im in small need of getting my headliner replaced, its falling down above my head and over passenger, it's not that bad, but im scared someone will go joy ride also, but i would write down the mileage and make sure they see im writing down the mileage, turn the alky up all the way, and even turn the fuel pressure up very very high, also take the timing as much as i could....or even stay there when they do it!

All gauges are lit, and converter locked, and worst of all 3 gallons of gas, WTF?!?! They probably put 87 in there too! yes i'd rip ass and punch, kick and shoot a few of them.

Do they speak english atleast??

when i picked it up it was 8 at night and they closed at 4. theres nothing i could do about it. if i called an complained theyd say ok bring it back in and i dont have time for that. and i think bringing some "big" people with me is the gayest thing ive ever read on this board, i handle my problems myself......unless of course its under the hood then i call russ, other then that, i got it

My car is going to paint in non running form, they can push it around, lord knows they get paid enough. When I had the upholstery done on my car, they got the seats, not the car. I know too many people in the industry that still dog customers cars and they are in their 30's and 40's still. :rolleyes:

My car is going to paint in non running form, they can push it around, lord knows they get paid enough. When I had the upholstery done on my car, they got the seats, not the car. I know too many people in the industry that still dog customers cars and they are in their 30's and 40's still. :rolleyes:

very smart. the very first g-n i saw was in body shop, the owner did the same thing, sent it in on shop dollys. i was lke 14 and i remember the owner being pissed off because he wanted to beat on the car.......they're all the same.

i dropped my car off at a really well known, highly recommended upholstery shop to have the headliner and moonroof re-done................ im not even gonna bother trying to figure out how the hell he managed to cross whatever wires he did that are causing the gauges to stay lit up.

First you dropped the car off at an upholstery shop not an electrician.
So I would ask them about the electrical issue that sprung out of nowhere?
Second you say you dropped it off on E and now it has almost a 1/4 "3gal" of gas in it?
Are you gonna ask them why it has more gas in it than it did when you dropped it off? What if they put 87 in it for the joy ride. :eek:

Sorry this just pisses me off. This happened to me at the dealer once for an electrical problem they found behind the fuse block. But I had the boost turned down to 10psi so when they would drive it they couldn't hurt it. It had a half a tank when I dropped it off and when I picked it up it had an 1/8 of a tank of gas. :mad:

Easiest thing to do when you want to prevent someone from joyriding, instead of screwing with fuel pressure, timing, etc, is unhook the wastegate rod, that way they can't build boost at all.

and i think bringing some "big" people with me is the gayest thing ive ever read on this board, i handle my problems myself......

Frankly it doesn't sound like you're "handling" the problem at all, you took your car back from them and you're letting them get away with whatever they did to it, so you don't have to go around calling someone's suggestion "gay" just because they have sympathy for your situation and want you to get pay-back.

well, i dont think id let an electrician work on my car either, but i undertsand what u mean. i guess when they removed the pillar they pulled a wire loose, and instead of putting it back into the headlight fuse it came out of they jammed it back into the constant power. which is pretty shady considering they put the car outside at 4, saw that the lights were on and said screw it and left it like that for me to find at 8. as far as worrying about the gas, i cant even bother, i drove right to the gas station and filled it 93. just makes me that much more paranoid to let anyone near the thing. live and learn i guess

thats why I took my upholstery peices to get done, and re-install the crap myself! where is this place Rick? hope its not in the hood!:eek:

Easiest thing to do when you want to prevent someone from joyriding, instead of screwing with fuel pressure, timing, etc, is unhook the wastegate rod, that way they can't build boost at all.

Frankly it doesn't sound like you're "handling" the problem at all, you took your car back from them and you're letting them get away with whatever they did to it, so you don't have to go around calling someone's suggestion "gay" just because they have sympathy for your situation and want you to get pay-back.

moron, i work 80 hours a week, i dont have time to go back and cry about a problem ive already fixed. be realistic, hes either gonna deny it, apologize, or ask to see the now non-existent problem. not sure how it works in chicago but if your a grown man and u still need your buddies to help you out with a 200$ problem your as pathetic as the bears

im just glad they didnt blow a head gasket or burn a piston. you very lucky.

moron, i work 80 hours a week, i dont have time to go back and cry about a problem ive already fixed. be realistic, hes either gonna deny it, apologize, or ask to see the now non-existent problem. not sure how it works in chicago but if your a grown man and u still need your buddies to help you out with a 200$ problem your as pathetic as the bears

THEN WHY ARE YOU COMING HERE AND CRYING ABOUT THE PROBLEM???!!??! :confused: :confused: :confused:

I guess it's gay to cry on a message board when you cant go to the company itself to complain or even make a point that your car was messed with, you can only cry to us on the board.

You should have been paranoid about your car in the first place, moron.

As far as im concerned, i have no sympathy for you or your car, if you're gonna be an ass to others who give their advice.

You should have been paranoid about your car in the first place, moron.

for me to become "more" paranoid, clearly i was a lil paranoid in the first place bumpkin. also please stop fake yelling.....very gay

WOW, harsh words. Why post on here if you dont want to hear are suggestions. Go insult someone else, BRO!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, harsh words. Why post on here if you dont want to hear are suggestions. Go insult someone else, BRO!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i do want advice, but "hey go back there with big guys, and rip ass's!, id go shoot them" isnt the type of thing i was hoping to hear from some fake gangster retard. i apologize if you took the bears comment to heart, but i never thought they were good so really them being rediculously over rated isnt my fault. also its "our" not "are" your welcome