Las Vegas Buick Event - November??

I might be there, depending on if we are taking a TB.com roadtrip to Olympic Garden.......lol :D :D

i thought i bought the beer !!!!!!

with last years winners $$$$$$$

shawn

ps id like to buy this year too (if i win that is) hehe

I hope they have it. My car should be done by then. And I can't wait to see what this car can do I'm hoping for 15s in the 1/4 what do u guys think;)

VEGAS??

Do they have a long distance award?? If I tow there from "Hotlanta", do you local guys let me win???
Will the "tecky" folks there enforce the roll bar rules? If I go 12's@132, do I need the bar or a "cage"??:D :D
Speaking of bars, IF you'll let me win, I'll buy the beer!!;) ;)

Yes there's an event!

I had a chance to talk with the event coordinators yesterday, and there's definitely a 2-day event on Nov 9th and 10th (Saturday & Sunday). Blocks of hotel rooms are currently being checked into, and hopefully we should be able to post that info in the next couple of weeks.
I'm currently working on the early registration web site, and it should be available by next Monday. I'll post the link when it's ready to go.
For those that attended last year, please feel free to join us again! If you'd like to make suggestions or comments regarding things you'd like to see changed about this year's event, you can post them here, or e-mail me privately.
We also briefly discussed a Friday night get together. Anyone interested in dinner, drinking, cruising, whatever? (Open for suggestions)

let do some stuff on friday !!!!!!! as i guess we couldnt get the track.

shawn

The race is ON

Me (Jon) and Whoosh (Craig) are doing it again.....

Like Jack said, the web site should be up asap.

Chuck, I don t know how far atlanta is but yes we did give out a long distance award last year.......and I think he is coming again.............atlanta might be close..... but last year Jack Cotton said he wanted to come......we should start bugging him now.....

Additions are......all BUICKS .....gs's or any other non turbo buick will have a bracket to run in.....

$$$ for low et on either sat or sunday for stock block street cars and more $$$ for stage block street cars along with the class payouts from eliminations as well....

I expect Race Jase, and Neil to defend their titles....... and it would be a treat to get Ryan Guy, and Gene Fluery back too!

Come on Gene, we all know you've been doing some things with a stage block.........

We have promises of some money......but are still looking for some and some parts to give away.....

The host motel was all but wrapped up when the possibilty that one might even help with money as well for payouts.....so we are told next week for the last few weeks......were hoping that they come through.......but maybe well find out soon.

The Buick Performance Group is affiliated. This is not a club event and their is no member ship required to any club to race.....
I do appreciate the BPG with there ideas and support.

I hope for a few 7 sec cars......and of course there will be plenty of 8+ sec cars......
Maybe even some match racing with a mustang or two.....or other turbo cars.......

I have only one request of the event.

This time around would you please tell the people at the track to let us in all day long instead of closing the gates right before the finals on Sunday.

We went round and round with the people at the track over this and they would not let us in. That was a real disappointment.

It was the only one. The rest of the event was a really good time.

I will put my 2 wishes up;

1. I would like to see a dedicated Security Guard for our cars.I know that might be tough but I would be willing to pay for the service.

2. I would like to have some kind of get togather at the hotel on Friday Night.

Reg, I would like to apply for that security position! I need the extra money to pay for the VP C-16.
Jeff

SECURITY??

I can recommend an Atl police officer that's on admin leave.[Waiting for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to get back fom vacation, so they can decide if he can resume living and working!!] He knows what a GN is, what a car alarm is for, and can shoot REAL straight!! He's also well aware that it is WRONG to steal someone elses $hit!!

I like the Atlanta police officer idea! :D
Also, my co-worker is selling an '83 Regal for $800 (probably less). Let's all chip in, spray bomb it black, and park it elsewhere to be the "sucker" car! ;)

Jeff
You or the cop in Atlanta either one is just fine with me. I hate a thief and obliviously this cop in Atlanta knows how to take care of one.They should give the guy a medal.

Re: Yes there's an event!

Originally posted by granatl
I had a chance to talk with the event coordinators yesterday, and there's definitely a 2-day event on Nov 9th and 10th (Saturday & Sunday..........

Jack, when I talked with Craig the other day, it was a Friday night/Saturday event like last year? This is also what Lisa said few months ago as the track runs Friday nite and Sat, not Sunday.

Maybe I have the dates confused?:confused:

I'm about 99% sure that it's Saturdy and Sunday, because both Jon and Craig reviewed the web site (that will be going public in a few days), and Jon asked me to correct Sunday's start of eliminations time.