Larry Gable (Buick Get Real) has passed away

Otto J

I recieved and email today from his wife Mary that he had had passed quite suddenly.

Larry was an incredible man.
He had one bad ass Buick with a T/A aluminum motor that I
had just tuned a few months back he was hoping to hit some Buick races
with this year.

I will try to posta few pics I have off his car for people that may not have known him.

R.I.P Larry, you will be missed......

who was that? did he bring the car to the shop?

Yes, it was that super clean car from upstate New York.
It had "Buick Get Real" painted on the inlet pipe.

I believe it dynoed right around 800 to the tires.

This was such a shock!! I talked to Larry yesterday about the Western NY club. I still can't believe it. I only knew Larry a short time, went to a track rental with him in October. His car flew!! Otto, he had nothing but praise for you! We ment up in Bowling Green, had dinner with Mary and him. Both great people,I talked to Mary a few hours ago, she's doing as well as can be aspected. My thoughts and prayers are with Mary their family. I believe Larry was 62-63. I'll miss you my friend... Phil.

I recieved and email today from his wife Mary that he had had passed quite suddenly.

Larry was an incredible man.
He had one bad ass Buick with a T/A aluminum motor that I
had just tuned a few months back he was hoping to hit some Buick races
with this year......

That is sad news, he was a true turbo Buick enthusiast and his car is super nice and clean. He and his wife enjoyed going to events and showing off their car!

He was one of the first to order a complete TA alum engine, and we helped him work some of the early "bugs".

RIP Larry, we will miss you.

What a Shock .Larry was one of the friendliest Buick people I have ever met.We met Years ago at Norwalk.He was so modest about his Car aways praising everyone elses .We pitted with them a few times at Quaker city and Mary cooked for all of us.I have his ATR bar on my GN.Prayers are with the Family He will me missed R.I.P Larry

I just received the e-mail this morning from his daughter, she must have sent it out to everyone on his e-mail list.

Larry was a great person, and a great friend, I will always remember the great times we had with the rest of the turbo buick club (WNY) and community as a whole.

It was a huge shock, my thoughts and prayers go out to all his family, and friends.

R.I.P. my friend.

Larry was a great guy indeed.

He was the glue and organizer of the WNY buick club for years.
Larry and Mary had a couple summer get togethers out at their place..

Havent seen him in a while but definately will miss him..RIP friend..Dave

Otto was Larry an older guy who got one on the first aluminum TA blocks? If so I think I met him in Salem in 2005 or 2006........sorry to hear that news.

Rich, Larry was at the first BPG event in Salem with his car and new TA engine. His trailer was just down a little way from your "compound".

His wife was also with him.

Never knew him, met him, or corresponded with him but prayers lifted up for a fallen Buick brother. I pray for strength, comfort, and peace for all of his family and friends.