Lapse in judgement?

750H.P.V6

Brutal 6 Racing
Once again I find myself going down the same road. Maybe it's a midlife crisis, the need to go back to something familiar or just a poor way to spend my discretionary income. :rolleyes: Suffice it to say I just got myself into a new Buick project. :D

I bought this Stage II race car from my friend Paul Helliker and he and his buddy Lyle delivered it this morning. It's a really nice car and has lots of potential. I'm planning on making it into a street car rather that a dedicated strip car since most of the 1/4 mile tracks have gone by the wayside these days.

Here are a couple of pics of my new ride.

Neal
DSCN1773.JPG
DSCN1776.JPG
DSCN1777.JPG

You can't drive a stage II motor on the street.......The AC won;t work properlyo_O

norbs said:
You can't drive a stage II motor on the street.......The AC won;t work properlyo_O

Forget the AC, Stage heads don't work on the street! :)

Looks great, can't wait to see it in person!

Lets get some specs....I should be able to estimate the E.t........very nice car though...

OMG, Neal, that down-pipe is larger than a basketball hoop.
The kids can use that cage as a "Jungle gym" set-up when it's raining outside.

OMG, Neal, that down-pipe is larger than a basketball hoop.
The kids can use that cage as a "Jungle gym" set-up when it's raining outside.

Gary,

The downpipe is 4" so it looks pretty massive. I'm pretty sure it needs it with the turbo that's on the thing. The rollcage is pretty elaborate but not that hard to get in and out of but unfortunately it dosen't have A/C for Norb. ;)

Neal

James was acting like this would be a surprise. This is not a surprise that Neal would pick up another car.
Is it ready to go, or is there work to be done still?
Another Stage II in San Diego! Get ready for the "Stage II Wars at Barona"!

Now that looks like a nice car by the way its white just like the one u sold u won't be having any withdraws.

James was acting like this would be a surprise. This is not a surprise that Neal would pick up another car.
Is it ready to go, or is there work to be done still?
Another Stage II in San Diego! Get ready for the "Stage II Wars at Barona"!

It's a running car but hasn't seen the track in a few years. There are some things I'd like to do as far as installing a full exhaust and some front end work etc. I need to learn how to drive the car because I've never had a TH400 with a reverse manual valvebody before. Most of the rest would be cosmetic stuff. I know Paul had run 9.21@ 148 so I have a good starting point. :D

Neal

Outstanding!
Let me know if you need some bumper fillers. I think I've also got some old bumper bump strips you can have.
Would like to see more pics when you get a chance.:)

Congrats on a fine looking mid life crisis.;)
Mike Barnard