Lambrecht Auto Auction

There were cars there that were sold for a bargain. But some of this stuff was just plain retarded. These dumb asses just bought a story, that's all. 80k for a 78 pace car vette? Hell with that noise son. Take that money and go buy a GOOD car like a zl1 camaro.

I was there last weekend with a friend of mine who was interested in a '64-'66 pickup but when the cheapest sold for $10,000, he realized that there was no deal to be made there. The highest priced of them was a '66 C-10 Custom (in need of a total restoration) that sold for $39,000 !
sad.gif

The '63 Impala 2dr. hardtop, red with a white top which sat inside the dealership for years and years with 3-4 miles on it sold for $97,500 !...and it wasn't even an SS!
The highest priced vehicle was a '58 Chevrolet Apache "Cameo" pickup truck with only 1 mile on the odometer which went for $145,000.
Other crazy stuff: Some "Lambrecht Chevrolet" 3ft. wood rulers which sold for over $200. each
rolleyes.gif
, a box containing some 1965 original showroom posters for $3,000 , some plastic letters which were on the wall of the parts department saying "Parts" Chevrolet" Accessories" which sold for $1,000 and last a 1957 Corvette pedal car sold for $16.000 !!
eek.gif

There was people from all over the world like Sweden England and even a lady from Australia who bought a '57 Chevy "210" 4 door for over $50,000 and when interviewed had no idea how she'd bring it back to her country!
It was a fun trip, but like most people, we drove back home empty handed...
frown.gif

Claude

Sure didn't make sense on them putting new cars out in a field to rot away. Sort of weird to tell you the truth. In the end though I guess they made a pretty good profit.

Wow! I wondered how much that Cameo went for. It had a large dent on the front of the roof, but otherwise looked good. 145K!! jeez

the dealership probably didn't have that much total revenue during the entire time it was open and in business.

Wow! I wondered how much that Cameo went for. It had a large dent on the front of the roof, but otherwise looked good. 145K!! jeez
Here are two pictures I took: IMG_3271.JPGIMG_3266.JPG

I knew that the Cameo pickup box was made of fiberglass, but was surprised to see that the tailgate was fiberglass also!...

Claude.