Lambrecht Auto Auction

regan j

I dont understand. Anyone care to explain? I could understand if the cars were maintained or roadworthy. Seems like people just want a non functioning relic with low miles on them.

To rich for my blood. It just shows if you have money you can have anything you want. Here is a nice you tube video up close to the cars:

I can see why they went unsold. The great majority had no a/c. Even in the early 60's people wanted air conditioning.

I can see why they went unsold. The great majority had no a/c. Even in the early 60's people wanted air conditioning.

A lot of cars up north are/were sold without AC especially back then. I too agree crazy prices. I guess in a year or two some of them will show up at B-J.

Does anyone know of any footage of the auction in progress not just previews? I'vesearched Ebay but have not found anything. Curious as to some of the prices they went for.

It was on the history channel on Sunday night for 2 hours last count that I saw was 1.8 million in sales it was something like field of dreams history on wheels

I dont understand. Anyone care to explain? I could understand if the cars were maintained or roadworthy. Seems like people just want a non functioning relic with low miles on them.

Regarding the "new" vehicles...they might need a little or a lot of work to get back to their former glory, but how would you like to be the first owner of a new never titled 50yr old car? That's a once in a lifetime chance...and many people are willing to pay good money to have that chance again.

It looked like most of these cars are nothing special. Or...were nothing special in their day. Years later, all these cars are special because of how little use they've had...and since they will only have that mileage once in their lifetime, people see that as something they need to capture...like taking a picture of a moment.

Clear as mud? :p

I watched the special on history channel I believe the guy that bought that station wagon was going to drive and use it in his business

I saw a story on these cars Sunday morning..a '55 chevy 4-door sold for 57k
and it was rusty like the majority of them are. The story went on to say that
most were new cars that didn't sell and the dealerships just parked them in a
big field in Nebraska. They showed the mileage on a few of them...10 and 11 miles only.
One dealership would not sell any cars he took in trade so he parked them out there!

Great vid of the wagon cruising along with dude holding the gas can alongside! It's like a sick patient hobbling down the hallway with an IV bag in tow. LOL!

That is just too cool. after setting for around 50 years it pretty much cranks right up. I wonder did they just air up the tires or did they change them? Surely the originals would not hold air if they had been flat?

The 64 wagon would make a nice cruiser, bigger wheels brakes etc. Tint the glass a little chrome on the engine upgrade the exhaust etc. It may never be worth what he paid but he'll have a nice cruiser with room for his buds.

I'm pretty sure he will put his business advertisement on it and use the car and trip as a business write off. how else could you justify the money spent on it unless of course your just plain rich and the money is nothing.I have friends that own businesses locally and buy cars and use in commercials and are able to write off the cars on there taxes as business advertising.

Probably so. But... I am a business owner and can't whip out 30K for a toy for whatever use. But I'm sre there are some that can of course. Good luck to him.

Maybe It's one we won't see at B-J in a few years. lol

Yes I restore cars with a good friend we used to go to B-J every year until he got married on jan 20th went scottsdales held ,I just glade we have the clientele to cover tripe expenses so i can go and see all the neat stuff