l.e.d lights

mybuick

intercooled engines rule!
does or can someone make led taillights and front turn sig lights for our buicks. seeing thar the high end cars are doing this and commercial trucks are to for less draw on the alternator so more fuel mpg is made.

LED lights

Answer is yes! most automotive stores carry the LED style 1157 bulbs but i'm not to sure on the small turn signal bulbs. I am going to them soon along with LED bulbs in all my gauges. scot w.

i tried those and they don't work when the headlights are on, or if the brake is on and the turn signal is turned on.

Standard car flashers require load of incandescent bulb to operate, which thermally produces the switching time constant - they will not work with LED lamps b/c LEDs simply draw a helluva lot less current. I built one about a year ago for a 33 ford with a chaser turnsignal effect .... if your interested i could give ya the schematic if you know howto DIY electronics stuff ... I think, however, you can buy the replacement std. flasher unit from the company that made the LED array... Just google LED car flasher or something... Think they're like 30 bucks or so.

Phil

led lights

What is needed to run these led lights is a "load equalizer" used on harleys it does the same thing.

There is a kit for Turbo Buicks selling on EBAY-I believe they have a website but they sell the reciprocating tail-lights kit specifically for our car. I saw them on a local mustang FOX and it looked pretty interesting. It adds that flare to the car but keeps the factory bulbs. Could be alot easier.

I've installed LED bulbs (orange) behind clear front parking/turn signal lamps and I had to change the flasher to an electronic one. Its flashes fine now but with the headlights on I get backfeed and both the turn signal indicators on the dash are dimly lit. Other then that they arer cool as hell

so does anyone have parts number and store names were to get this stuff

mybuick said:
superbrightleds.com
This company also sells the flasher you need. Also, they say that some of the heavy duty flashers that you would add to your car/truck if you had a trailer hooked up to it might work. Some one on here tried the LEDs for their taillights and said they didn't work too good, because the bulbs are right behind the black/chrome trip on the taillight lense, and you couldn't see them, since LED lights mostly direct the light in one direction. Some fot he LEDs that you can buy have some of the LEDs angled out to the side so that you get a bigger pattern. These ones might work better for the rear. Or, you could just split the laillights, and make your own with the circuit boards that they sell, and put them where ever you want in the lense.