KYB vs Bilsteins

I've had two sets of rear monroes and after a switched to KYB's I could tell that the Monroes are way too soft. My first set of monroes started leaking after 6 months. I've had my KYB's for a long time.

BTW Thanks Jim.

I am still trying to figure out what is best...

Initially, I had the stock replacements on the GN. Way too floaty.
I had the Sensatracs on the T I used to own. I don't really remember how the ride was.
I just changed to the KYB's. The street ride is good, but when you go over something like an intersection with a good rise to it, the shock response seems slow, and lets the back end come close to bottoming out. Seems a bit strange to me. :confused:
I am considering the KYB adjustables or the Bilsteins. I don't like the really stiff ride.
The money isn't there to keep experimenting...

KYBs are nice shocks...for a Camaro.

No doubt about it.

Get the Bilsteins for your Buick.

You'll be forever glad you did. :cool:

With Bilsteins there is no gamble. Probably 7 out of 10 turbobrick peeps run them. I run them front & rear. I am happy enough with them that I do not feel that it is worthwhile testing other shocks.

What about Monroes? Anyone got any input on those? Supposed to be like 3 levels on those. The shocks on my T must not be that old. Still have all the paint and I think I may have seen monroe sensatracs on the front but not sure. I did do some cornering with it and didn't feel much roll and didn't feel any wheel hop on the streets. Our streets are bad here, there's usually a patch or a manhole cover on every street:rolleyes: . As far as the cornering goes I was scared to push it too hard. Stayed fairly straight like my 3rd gen camaro but just couldn't shake the feeling of the ass end coming out.

The sensatracs are great for a stock height suspension . If you lower the car get rid of them. The sensatrac valving is for stock height only.The bilstein shocks are the best in my eyes.KYB shocks are decent. I worked for Midas for years and we used monroe shocks and struts. Then they switched to gabriel.Talk about garbage quality was the problem. warranty was the name of the game after that. stick with the bilsteins

Hey WLDWST, who set your GN up , I remember talking to a gentleman who was well versed in setting up GN suspension, he had a website and a shop. I believe it was the guy who set your car up because he pointed it out. Please let me know I am interested in getting in touch with him.

Thanks

Hey WLDWST, who set your GN up , I remember talking to a gentleman who was well versed in setting up GN suspension, he had a website and a shop. I believe it was the guy who set your car up because he pointed it out. Please let me know I am interested in getting in touch with him.

Thanks

I don't know who you were talking to, but if you are local to me I can give you more details about who actually did the work. It was pretty straight forward. PM if interested.

Anyone here use the edelbrock shocks?? I have them all around n they are great, bumps,dips, whatever i don't feel em n they gave the car a NEW feel, turns better, they look good. Got the Gun metal ones, great looking shock. I would say get these shocks.

kyb`s

Went to the track last night 1st time out with this car.It ran 107 up top.But,it felt like it had alot of SWAY up top.I didn`t like the feel of lack of contol at those speeds.
Could the KYB`s be why?
Do i need Beilstein`s or QA-1 for drags?
Not a big time track car but i want to feel comfortable out there.

Went to the track last night 1st time out with this car.It ran 107 up top.But,it felt like it had alot of SWAY up top.I didn`t like the feel of lack of contol at those speeds.
Could the KYB`s be why?
Do i need Beilstein`s or QA-1 for drags?
Not a big time track car but i want to feel comfortable out there.

How are the front end parts? When was last alignment done? I doubt it is the shocks causing that.

front

Just put on Eibachs and did a front end align at same time 50 miles ago.Also put on the Full Throttle rear sway ,looks to be an ATR copy.Front sway looks oversized too but I`ve been out of these cars for a while.
The car feels like it lifts at high speed .