Kudos to Local Buick Turbo Guru in SoCal!

litz

Just wanted EVERYONE on the board to know what a stand up guy Neal Steward is, AKA : 750H.P.V6. From when I was looking a buying an 87 GN in September of 2002 , to its arrival in San Diego in October 2002 and the numerous repairs, and issues I have had, one person has ALWAYS been happy to help me solve my problems, Neal Steward, the guy is a freakin Buick guru! Getting through smog with Champion heads and the 218/218 cam, no problem, little tuning by Neal. When the Torque converter took a dump, Neal came over to help me pull the tranny and then reinstall it! I can't tell you how many phone calls he has taken from me at work and home to answer questions about why is my BL #'s are high or idle is rough, and about 15 other issues with my car. The latest being the collapsed lifter he helped me diagnose over the phone! He was willing to come out and help me tear it apart , but with his on line technical support I thought it best to learn how to do it myself. Point of this is just an accolade for Neal a guy always willing to help with his knowledge or his hands. I can't thank him enough for helping me keep my Buick running on the road and not sitting in pieces in my driveway!
It is people like Neal that make the Buick community a great thing to be a part of.

Yup, Neal's the man. I typically won't do anything to my GN without his or Jason Hall's input. There was a post on this board earlier about the attitudes of Ca TR owners and Neal was mentioned by this individual as being arrogant. I just laughed. Neal and the Brutal 6 guys are far from arrogant and are very willing to help another out.

Neal was helpful to me last year at the West Coast Nationals. He took the time to go over some Direct Scan data with me and help me diagnose a false knock problem. That helped me to go out and run my best time for the day. He didn't have to do that, but took time out to help anyway.

Not to mention John and Marka Galina being the class acts that they are were kind enough to let me use their trailer to help power up my laptop. There are plenty of good Buick folks out there.

Do these guys you are talking about have any info on where I can get a 4.1 off-center block? Or maybe a way I can reach them

Guy's,

Thanks for the kind words. Earlier in the week I was starting to think that no good deed goes unpunished. One of the things I enjoy most about our hobby is the people you meet. I have such a diverse cross section of friends it still amazes me sometimes.

Thanks Again

Neal

P.S. Freddy, e-mail me and I'll see what I can do for you on the 4.1 liter block.

A VERY good guy...

...and burns one hell of a 96-lb. chip, too. (I had a couple of wise-a$$ comments, too, but figure I'll tell him when I see him. :D :D :D )

Bob,

Glad to see you figured it out! Is your wife still talking to you? ;) Neal is a good guy, even if he's single and owns a cat. Not that there's anything wrong with that! :eek:

Hey! Watch those cat comments. ;) I'm married and have 3 cats :eek: :eek:

Hey Neal, when are you going to come and visit AZ??

Mike,

How far is Chandler from Scottsdale? I have no idea without pulling up a map. I'm coming over to AZ in the next month or so to get together with Mike at TA and Nick Micale to check out the new TA heads.

Neal

Neal,

Scottsdale and TA Performance is about 30min or so from my place. Let me know when you're coming down. You're welcome to stay with us. Just make sure it's before the weekend of July 27th. We'll be heading off to Europe for a few weeks.

Mike,

I let you know when I'm heading your way and we'll get together. I'm sure it will be before July 27th.

Neal

All,

Even though I missed the tread about things being said about Ca Buick owners" or whatever it was titled - I can say that Neal has been extremly helpful in the 2 years I've known him.

Right now I'm in the process of a cam swap and he's probably logged four- to-six hours on the phone with me calling him to ask him questions or bounce an idea off him.

Neal - Just think if you started charging $4.99 a minute like the XXX lines. I'm thinking you could go mid-8's or high-sevens. ;)

Mike

Neal, Neal, please rethink your visit to Scottsdale.....I really don't think you So Cal guys will be able to tolerate our weather until about Oct....most of us are in San Diego till then anyhow

I saw you sweating in Las Vegas in Nov.......you better bring some para-medics with you if you visit us in June/July!!

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Mike,

I let you know when I'm heading your way and we'll get together. I'm sure it will be before July 27th.

Neal

Neal, be sure to shoot Rick Elam or I an email so we can get together and have dinner and drinks while your in town. Sure would be nice to chat with ya again, although Vegas is right around the corner.

Thanks again for the chips Neal, hope to see you soon.

Jamie

Neal has forgot more about Buicks then i will ever know.
The guy is a gold mine of info and will share it with anyone.
Ive learned more from Neal about Buicks than ANYBODY sense i got hooked on these dam cars:D He always has a angle i never would have thought about and never is stuck up or to good. I consider him a friend that i have alot of respect for;)
By the way Neal did i ever tell you i never did like you LOL
Just kiddding buddy ;) When you going to ship me those GN sprinklers:)

Originally posted by geno
Neal has forgot more about Buicks then i will ever know.
The guy is a gold mine of info and will share it with anyone.
Ive learned more from Neal about Buicks than ANYBODY sense i got hooked on these dam cars:D He always has a angle i never would have thought about and never is stuck up or to good. I consider him a friend that i have alot of respect for;)
By the way Neal did i ever tell you i never did like you LOL
Just kiddding buddy ;) When you going to ship me those GN sprinklers:)

Ah,the jealousy demon rears it's ugly head!:D
Run Neal!:eek:

I can't say enough.

Thanks Again guys!!

I've been a little down in the dumps after my most recent Champion head saga. I've been questioning my own judgement etc. and if I have the finances to continue the pursuit of going fast.

For some this is a business and a tax write off, for me it's a overblown hobby bordering on obsession. I really thank you for your input as I try to help as many Buick owners as I can and I have a good time meeting and working with everyone.

I know one of these days this damn car of mine will run 9's, maybe when I get a fresh set of TA heads things will come together.

Cross you fingers. ;)

Neal

P.S. Woody, Jamie etc. As silly as it sounds I'm coming to Scottsdale in the heat of summer to visit TA and purchase some heads. I'll be sure to bring a big hat and some sunscreen. :) I'm looking forward to getting together with you guys.

Re: I can't say enough.

Originally posted by Brutal Six

For some this is a business and a tax write off, for me it's a overblown hobby bordering on obsession. I really thank you for your input as I try to help as many Buick owners as I can and I have a good time meeting and working with everyone.

Neal

"hobby bordering on obsession" - the best phrase I have seen describing MANY of us Buick freaks who would rather die then switch brands!:D

Certainly that is one of the common threads that provides the link to the Buick commuity that keeps it a close-knit group.

With Neal's visit to Phoenix now "public knowledge", we will have to plan a showing of the TA heads and alum block to coincide with it. Maybe he can drag some other SoCal owners with him?

Look forward to seeing you soon Neal.

Neal,

you don't have to go all the way to AZ to see the TA heads, Im sure Kenny would let you see them. ;) Kenny should have my motor back together later this week, so I can plan on taking a cruise to SD anytime after the 4th of July weekend.

Joe.