Knock Question

It has an engine rebuild from the origianal owner, it has about 20k in rebuild. He did new cam, I dont know the specs, Injectors, also didn't document what size they are. cam bearings, Forged JE pistons .020 overbore, rod bearings, main bearings, head gaskets, and a ton of other stuff. I have done an LS1 maf with a cold air intake, Top end cleanup TB and plenum, fluids change, the chip is stock.
You need an aftermarket chip for adjust ability. I recommend the extender chip so you can adjust WOT fuel with the WOT fuel knob on the Translator. You also need to know fuel pressure.

It's a stock chip with new 28* injectors rebuild in 1998 and no specs are shown on cam or injectors

Stock chip with 28s is fine (stock still too much timing in them), but you would benefit greatly from a TurboTweak chip to fine tune fuel and time and some better injectors, most recommend 60s even on stock trim which gives you room to grow.

You will need to know all particulars of your car so that Eric can produce a chip exactly for your set up - turbo, cam, intercooler, etc. So, as suggested already, look for all information you can find on what you already have on the car.

Go with the 5.7. It's got some adjustability and it will be very close. The injectors are ok but if you plan on mods they will not be able to supply enough fuel. 60s seem large but they are a better injector and work great.

Stock chip with 28s is fine (stock still too much timing in them), but you would benefit greatly from a TurboTweak chip to fine tune fuel and time and some better injectors, most recommend 60s even on stock trim which gives you room to grow.

You will need to know all particulars of your car so that Eric can produce a chip exactly for your set up - turbo, cam, intercooler, etc. So, as suggested already, look for all information you can find on what you already have on the car.
I do have a TT chip and matched 60* injectors... waiting till winter to do heads cam turbo intake injectors, chip fuel pump etc...

I don't think you can run a stock chip with LS1 and translator, you said scan master says 17 psi , I'm pretty sure scan masters don't read boost and with you injectors and stock turbo you should be at 12-15 psi, , sounds like your chip is main problem or like I said earlier and dynoman, bad motor mounts etc. can cause false knock, but yours sounds a little high , your fuel pump,hotwire kit ???
We installed a three bar MAP sensor and that is plugged into the powerlogger

I did drive the car yesterday with a fresh tank of 93 and I saw 0.9 once. Can bad gas cause knock?

I did drive the car yesterday with a fresh tank of 93 and I saw 0.9 once. Can bad gas cause knock?

Simple answer - yes.

Also...from my research, when you are testing WOT throttle to monitor knock and fuel make sure you are not in OD. Roll into the boost from about 40 mph in third gear to check the O2 and knock. That would rule out any false knock from downshifts/upshifts.

Also...when your ordered that TT chip and 60s did you specify on the order the heads, turbo, intake, and cam you will be installing at that time?

Simple answer - yes.

Also...from my research, when you are testing WOT throttle to monitor knock and fuel make sure you are not in OD. Roll into the boost from about 40 mph in third gear to check the O2 and knock. That would rule out any false knock from downshifts/upshifts.

Also...when your ordered that TT chip and 60s did you specify on the order the heads, turbo, intake, and cam you will be installing at that time?
Agree

I do have a TT chip and matched 60* injectors... waiting till winter to do heads cam turbo intake injectors, chip fuel pump etc...
After 25 posts we find out that you have a chip and injectors,but you don't want to install them. Cool! In post 26,you tell us that you have a Powerlogger. Sweet!
I'll give you one last piece of advice. It is so easy to do that I think even you will be able to do it. It will lean out your air/fuel ratio and increase your octane to allow the timing that the stock chip commands.
Mix 3 gallons of 93 octane gasoline with one gallon of E85 or 6/2 or 9/3. 75% 93 and 25% E85. Pour it into your gas tank. Drive the car. Record data with your Powerlogger. Observe ignition retard and o2 number. Adjust gasoline/E85 ratio accordingly until you see 780 millivolts from the oxygen sensor at the top of third gear after full throttle operation through 1st,2nd,and 3rd gears.