Knock Gauge Reading

foregn2

Is there an acceptable level of knock. On my knock gauge it goes to the 2nd orange light at WOT in 2nd gear. Is this bad or normal. Boost gauge reads about 17-18lbs of boost.

foregn2 said:
Is there an acceptable level of knock. On my knock gauge it goes to the 2nd orange light at WOT in 2nd gear. Is this bad or normal. Boost gauge reads about 17-18lbs of boost.
For how long?

Stays on mayb 2 seconds then off, MAybe because I let off the gas when I see the light

Could be better. Since adding alky to both cars and tuning the best I can,mine don't even light up @ 25psi unless they are wheelhopping bad.
Double check your tune(FP,BLM,O2's,etc) and make sure you have adequate octane to meet the requirements of above stock boost levels.

foregn2 said:

17-18 lbs on pump gas seems a lot. How much timing are you running with 17-18 lbs? When I was running pump gas with no alky the most timing a could run was 18d and 15 lbs of boost.

foregn2 said:
Dont know the timing but I have a Red Armstrong 93 chip

Try a Turbotweak chip from Eric and say to goodbye to your detonation!! I had some detonation with my Red93 chip and got a TT and its gone now :smile: !

foregn2 said:
Dont know the timing but I have a Red Armstrong 93 chip

Call him. I'm prety sure it has 22-24 d. IMO thats too much timing for pump gas.

Kma697 said:
Try a Turbotweak chip from Eric and say to goodbye to your detonation!! I had some detonation with my Red93 chip and got a TT and its gone now :smile: !

I agree 100%. Eric is the man.

Kma697 said:
How much boost do you run o pump gas