KNOCK APPEARING/ POPPING SOUND

Have you pulled the valve covers to inspect the valve train? A broken rocker shaft, rocker, spring are all possibilities as well a weak springs, bent push rods, worn cam, lifters and timing chain.
I am going to pull the valve covers this week and i will keep you posted, everything is brand new in there springs and all but im still going to check my adjustments etc etc

I once had an issue with popping under boost. I shortly got really good at changing head gaskets with the engine in the car. That was while I was learning how to tune. I did however, have the essentials: boost gauge, and a scan master. You could be experiencing anything from a bag ground issue, bad ignition module or coil, up to a blown head gasket. This list is so long of possibilities that we just need more info to help.

I think the sarcasm from the older guys is because everyone who is new to these cars don't take baby steps. They jump in head first, then wonder what's happening. Even sometimes going full out modified everything they can bolt on, and havin catastrophic failure VERY quickly.

What is "tuner mode"??????
Also i am going to check my grounds, because everything else seems ok so it seems like a legitimate start

check for air coming into the radiator or oil in the water too. It's real easy to pop a head gasket. Honestly, I've personally never heard of anyone running their car in "tuner mode". That could easily over boost the thing really quick. Hook your waste gate back up dude. Do you know how much boost you've had it up to?

check for air coming into the radiator or oil in the water too. It's real easy to pop a head gasket. Honestly, I've personally never heard of anyone running their car in "tuner mode". That could easily over boost the thing really quick. Hook your waste gate back up dude. Do you know how much boost you've had it up to?

its common .. and running it in tuner mode ( as long as he doesn't have a bleeder inline .. which sounds like he doesn't) it will make less boost than If he had the stock wastegate solenoid hooked up..

I would run it that way too .. and turn down the wastegate rod so that you know you cant detonate it

Setting up in " tuner mode " should only let the turbo boost to what ever wastegate actuator he has ( 18-19 psi with HD actuator ) . Sam

im slowly learning these kwekry cars but the sarcasm fron ppl when im seeking wisdom is not that necessary

The Boys tend to get a little cranky when they'er trying to help someone and getting more " numerical " data is like pulling teeth . In the future , when asking questions on why your car is running poorly try to have these basic instrument readings . #1 , fuel pressure @ idle in PSI , #2 boost pressure in PSI , #3 fuel pressure rising 1/1 with boost in PSI . #4 voltage @ battery ( until you get a Scanmaster ) #5 hot oil pressure in PSI @ idle & cruising .
In your present case it is necessary to know that when it starts "popping" , what was the FP & boost at the same time , just for starters . WE all want to help or we wouldn't have responded . Get a Scanmaster , Good luck , Sam

Setting up in " tuner mode " should only let the turbo boost to what ever wastegate actuator he has ( 18-19 psi with HD actuator ) . Sam
Ok. I think I had some other image in my head, I must have misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying that. I get it now, and makes sense.

The Boys tend to get a little cranky when they'er trying to help someone and getting more " numerical " data is like pulling teeth . In the future , when asking questions on why your car is running poorly try to have these basic instrument readings . #1 , fuel pressure @ idle in PSI , #2 boost pressure in PSI , #3 fuel pressure rising 1/1 with boost in PSI . #4 voltage @ battery ( until you get a Scanmaster ) #5 hot oil pressure in PSI @ idle & cruising .
In your present case it is necessary to know that when it starts "popping" , what was the FP & boost at the same time , just for starters . WE all want to help or we wouldn't have responded . Get a Scanmaster , Good luck , Sam
If my car didnt start spewing oil at our boost and beers meet today id be able to triple check my fuel preaaure under boost, but it was raising 1:1 under boost and at idle i have it set at 43. Myoil psi hot at idle is 30-40 and knock doesn't start appearing until 15lbs of boost and the fuel pressure would rise to 60+ during this but like i said it would show knock and start popping