knife vs. gun

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
well i cannot afford an alarm for my car and dont know how to setup one myself... so I was told to find another way to protect my car and myself while driving my car because it draws ALOT of attention...bad and good in my neighborhood and between turbobuick.com members ( I HAVENT told my mom:eek:)only I almost got carjacked whild at a red light in broad view of traffic which I think detured them. I am too young and to some of the members here online dumb:rolleyes::biggrin: to own a gun... plus after the 4 officers where killed its something that I should avoid owning for awhile... so I was advised to buy a knife. I was thinking of a smith and wesson gold plated 15 inch knife... or a machete I found at a pawn shop for 30 dollars. I would keep a sawd off if I could... but I cant. what do you think

(I learned DONT park t-types in the GHETTO... end up like Menace II Society where he stole the D'z:biggrin::D)

Well, you know what they say "Never bring a knife to a gun fight". Anyone who is planning on robbing you on the street or in ur car (car jacking) will be yielding a gun, not a knife.

Remember, A knife in your car is considered weapons in a motor vehicle in most states (Felony). Knife length will dictate if it's legal or not of course. 12 inches will likely be illegal. Anything over 4 inches in Connecticut is illegal or anything spring operated. You will have to check ur state statute.

Personally I used to knife fight 2-3 days a week when younger (Wood knives with white chalk on the blade) but was always reminded by my instructor that no matter how good you are or think you are a gun will always prevail obviously.

years ago, i saw an anti-carjacking device. it was basically a flame thrower that used a propane cylinder like plumbers use. it was mounted under the rocker panel and when the carjacker was at your door, push a button and he's toast. the demo of this was amazing.
however, it was not made, or not made available for sale here in the u.s. because of fear that people would not use it on carjackers; but would be over-using it on police officers.

i had a dream just the other night (where i was jacked) right down from my house. so that has got me thinking about this device and how i could make one. but i don't know what the ramifications would be if it had to be used. ex. some carjacker pointing a gun at me and family, wanting the car. i toast his ass, and then spend 30+years in prison for defending us, when he had a gun.
i guess i had better just tell everyone that he smelled like gasoline from the moment he approached the window, and he was smoking.

1. Let them take your if car jacked. I guarantee that 83 turbo will NOT be the last car you own in your lifetime, unless you fight to the death (yours) to keep them from stealing your precious 83 turbo car. You can always get another car.
2. Forget the big knife theory, carry only a legal length knife.
3. A more effective weapon would be to carry a can of good Wasp Spray with you. Entirely legal, no questions from the Po-Po and better than any retail type pepper spray. Can be sprayed at a considerable distance, 10-15 feet.
4. Consider having a baseball bat also, but only if you have the requisite ball & glove along to cover up it's real intended use.
5. Have a Kubaton on your key ring and learn the basic techniques for it's use.
6. Get the Hell out of that type of neighborhood.

On a side note, if the carjackers saw that gold plated Smith & Wesson 15" knife. they might just steal it and leave your car alone.:D
Also, why would you give a pawn shop thirty dollars for a ten dollar machete?

A more effective weapon would be to carry a can of good Wasp Spray with you. Entirely legal, no questions from the Po-Po and better than any retail type pepper spray. Can be sprayed at a considerable distance, 10-15 feet.
Good idea. Never thought of that.

not to get off base, but... i've said it time and again. i live where i grew up, and it has changed alot and not for the better. i guess the cops are getting tired of it also. last week a taco bell was robbed at gun point. well the cops spent hours tracking them down, then wrecked out the car they were in. spent more hours tracking them down after they fled on foot. then to top it off, took the marshals into atlanta to arrest the ones that did get away. and then they made sure the papers printed that if you come out here to commit crimes they will track you down to n.y. if they have to. that we have enough criminals here as it is.

Well, you know what they say "Never bring a knife to a gun fight". Anyone who is planning on robbing you on the street or in ur car (car jacking) will be yielding a gun, not a knife.

Remember, A knife in your car is considered weapons in a motor vehicle in most states (Felony). Knife length will dictate if it's legal or not of course. 12 inches will likely be illegal. Anything over 4 inches in Connecticut is illegal or anything spring operated. You will have to check Ur state statute.

Good point...

Get a "hunting" shot gun. You can get them pretty short, with an 18" barrel. Keep it in PLAIN site and if you get stopped you can say you were going target shooting:biggrin:

i agree a shotgun

but that's coming from a gun nut, your protected to carry your shotgun even in the streets, the only thing a cop can do is run the serial numbers and see if it's stolen, and run you for warrants. my only issue with you carrying a shotgun is, will you use it? it takes alot of balls to take another mans life just make sure it's legal as grim said as far as specs go, and try not to walk around with a chip on your shoulder. alot of kids with guns make bad decisions when it comes to them and it's not worth you carrying the weight of you took a life on your shoulders. some people don't sweat it some do. the neighborhood i live in isn't the best and i hit local pawnshops and of course they aren't in great neighborhoods either. i;ve carried a gun with me 93 and it's like picking up my wallet in the morning. your young dude and you'll learn that in this world you have to be aware of your surroundings and know who's got their eye on you and who may be trouble. i wouldn't carry a knife because you have to get to close to do anything and know how to use it. but a shotgun would be your best bet and god forbid you ever have to use it if you do then aim straight and true, i hate car jackers and people who do unlawful things. just think it over and take our advise, life is hard and there will always be people who want to have something for nothing.

6. Get the Hell out of that type of neighborhood.

On a side note, if the carjackers saw that gold plated Smith & Wesson 15" knife. they might just steal it and leave your car alone.:D
Also, why would you give a pawn shop thirty dollars for a ten dollar machete?[/QUOTE]

aint that easy... I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but with all neighborhoods we got our problems, we got a couple gangs round the block... but its all good:biggrin:

aint happenin... I die with my car... not without it:D

OK kid. A car or a safe aint worth your life. I did my time in the USAR MP Corp and can tell you more than you want to hear.:eek: If you're willing to take the training then join up and take the punishment.:eek::biggrin: I did and don't regret one minute.:biggrin: When I walk into a bank the first thing notice is the posistion of the guards and where the cameras are.:eek: It's SOP if you've been in kid. Then you take a look at exit options so you can get the h@ll out of there if something happens. I HATE cqb because of what can happen.:eek::(

Nothing outside of your family is worth dying for! I have always told my children to just give it up, I can always help them replace the loss, but I can't replace one of them! Think about it kid, if they kill you, you still don't get the car and now you've lost it all, not worth it! Walk away or get carried away, it's your choice! I'm pretty sure your family would agree with me!

alot of good advice

as i said your young, wouldn't want you to get a felony at that age or any age for that matter. your car isn't worth your life, sure you love it and they are hard to come by but another chance at life won't happen. just take our advice and talk to the local PD so you know the rules but if i remember correctly you can carry a shotgun in your car loaded up. also you may look into auto locking alarms if you don't already have one. they'll lock the doors when you turn the ignition on. helps if you have someone at your door trying to open it and it's locked, it's another problem if they already have the gun point at you through the window. there are alot od people wjp want something for nothing but you should always be aware of your surroundings at all time. you got alot to learn and as this world gets worse maybe you;ll become of age to protect yourself with a pistol. i don't condone taking a life but the way i see it's either you or them going home that night. make smart decisions and surround yourself with people you can trust.

Clint Eastwood was not holding a 15" gold plated knife when he told those bastards to get off his lawn. Nothing quite says "I mean business" like a 1911 .45.

I carry a benchmade switchblade with me everywhere. The only time I don't have a switchblade on me is when I'm sleeping...As far as knives go, you will not find a finer blade than the benchmade knives. They're made in Oregon City, OR. They are a little pricey but well worth the money.

Welcome | Benchmade

If you choose to carry a gun that is your own personal preference. Only you can make that decision. You'll have to consult your local popo to find out what the rules are for carry in WA state. I can say this, however. It's not just a matter of strapping on a gatt. You have to practice, understand the state laws, local ordinances, train some more, and be prepared to do what is necessary when using that tool. If you are not willing to commit the time and energy, and understand the great responsibility that comes with carrying a concealed weapon, then please don't.

it wasn't a 45

it was a M1 garand which is alot more power then the 45. talk about a closed casket funeral.