Kirban rear seat braces question....

GNguy

U aint that big
Instructions--See #30 post

Hey guys, got a question. I bought this kit: 1978-1984 1985 1986 1987 Buick Regal Grand National Turbo T T-Type GNX REAR SEAT FRAME BRACE KIT #1586 a few years back and I lost the instructions and hardware. Luckily, Kirban performance being the great vendors that they are sent me the hardware for free, problem now is that I lost the instructions. What is the easiest way to install this kit, through the trunk or taking the seats out? Thanks for any help!

Try this link---# 30 post---...this is what we use at school.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/pa...-brace-instructions-here-if-ne1-needs-em.html
Hope this help ;)
As far as the best/easiest way to install.....we have done both ways. Time to remove seat--OR--getting bolts in with seat installed? ?????about the same

I took my rear seat out and installed from inside the trunk with the rear of the car suspended on jacks.

agteacher- thanks alot, im gonna check it out

87 regal- why did u have it suspended on jacks?

Whitehot, just read that before I continued on, thanks. After I pulled the back seats out I saw that it had the GNX brace, I guess the original owner put it in there...Could I install both braces for added support or am I better of with the GNX brace alone?

Whitehot, just read that before I continued on, thanks. After I pulled the back seats out I saw that it had the GNX brace, I guess the original owner put it in there...Could I install both braces for added support or am I better of with the GNX brace alone?

The GNX brace should be enough by itself to keep the body from flexing.

I would just sell the trunk braces.

John :smile:

Thanks GNguy, but I was looking for how long the bolts are. I bought a brace kit, but it didn't come with the bolts.