Kirban Performance GNX Stlye Wheel

TORISDAD

Anyone order and install these? I came across a set that I am purchasing and want to install on my '87 Turbo T. Car is 100% Bone Factory Stock. What brand/model tires do you all suggest? The plan is to keep all four at 245/50/16. Any issues with suspension? Any issues with quality and/or performance of Kirban's offering?

Thanks.

I personally have never had any problem with Kirbans . Everything I purchased top quality,also great vender to deal with.

Id go with 245/50/16 front and 255/50/16 rear drag radial imo.

Gene - thanks for the heads up. So far my experience with them has been great. From a customer service perspective, they definitely have their act together.

V6 - I'm going with 245/50/16 all around as this car is nothing more than a garage queen. It's a 9,000 mile original car that I plan on changing the look ever so slightly to remind me of my youth;)

Other than tint, wheels, and exhaust, she will remain as was such from the factory. The goal for the wheels, tires, and exhaust is simply to preserve the factory installed originals. The tint is to protect the interior when she is outdoors.

Thanks again to both.

Vito

But if your cruising along the coast on a bright sunny day playing Neil diamond on the ac delco and some punk kid pulls up to you at a red light in a Mitsubishi evo..Don't loose the race because of traction issues :D just kidding good luck..

But if your cruising along the coast on a bright sunny day playing Neil diamond on the ac delco and some punk kid pulls up to you at a red light in a Mitsubishi evo..Don't loose the race because of traction issues :D just kidding good luck..
How did you know I was a Neil Diamond fan? Lol.

And as far as the punk kid(s)...there are other toys in the stable that will make Swiss cheese out of most any street ride:)

Update:

Rims came in today and they look great. Kirban purchases them from The Parts Place BTW. Quality of wheels look fine, but "MADE IN CHINA". Shall I have any concerns here? By no means will I be driving this car hard, but safety is always a concern of mine especially considering I take my wife and kids with me for long cruises. Honest feedback please from folks who have the same wheels. In the meantime, I will continue to search for 4 OEM GM fronts...

Thanks again.

Hi Tori's,

I bought those same rims, but ended up sending them back. This was not because they were of poor quality or I had any reservations about them. My reason was purely esthetic as they had the correct offset, but resembled the GTA rear rims where I was looking for the GTA front look. This pic is what I received. Do yours have that same thin lip closest to the black mesh center?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
I don't have them in front of me, but your pic resembles them very much so. I'll definitely follow up this evening with a few pics.

I think I understand what your talking about....? Is the "lip" on the OEM GTA wheel deeper? Do you have any side by side photos to help clarify?

It is my understanding the wheels I purchased have the same EXACT specs (including back spacing and offset) as the OEM front wheels on the GTA. Is this accurate?

I found MANY GTA wheels out there, but to buy two complete sets to obtain four fronts, and then have them refinished, purchase center caps, lug nuts, nut covers, etc. I may as well purchase a custom wheel altogether. All this being said, this is the only look I will sport other than the originals - which will be swapped for car show judging purposes.

Curious to know where others stand on this.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
I have attached a few pics of a front GTA rim. The lip your are referring to is exactly what I am talking about. The GTA front has a wider lip closest to the mesh center.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 237
The Turbo TA Wheels are specific to that vehicle...at least that's what I recall...but I see and understand the "look" you want to achieve.

My question is this: how can the repro wheels have the same specs on backspace/offset and yet have a different set up on the lip area of the wheel. Unless the design of the lips are different altogether? In other words - the outer lip on the repro wheel in question is deeper than the OEM...making the inner lip narrower? Other than the latter, I don't see how this can be achieved if the general specs are identical the the OEM fronts.

Now you have me looking deeper into this and sending my OVD in overdrive.

I knew I had some conversation via e-mail with Dennis in regards to the rims, but I had to find it. In answer to your question above, this was his response:

"I see what this company did differently over the classic ones and ta wheels if you look at the back the flange area part that mounts to your drum or studs petrudes inward more than the back side of the other wheels thus the front side is not as deep appearing...

this was not a project of mine and I doubt the company that made them realized that the mounting flange would be that deep or would be an issue.

on the plus side these wheels are painted where the bead is unlike the others so it should keep out corrosion."

I hope this helps you.

Frayles,

Thanks for the info...funny thing is I was going to post up on this very thing. I had the chance to put the two size by side and noticed the difference in the flange setup. Off about 1/4" or so. Enough to see the difference once made aware of it. I'm going to keep the repo wheels and will poke around over time for OEM wheels...although I have a hunch I'm going to be plenty content with the repo wheels - the manufacturer did a nice job with them overall.
Thanks again to everyone