Kingers

faster

This is for all us guys who think we're men. From the Isle of Man TT race.

John McGuisness has won this race 19 time.

Joey was a legend with his 26 wins, he is also a very generous, compassionate and great humanitarian. I have a very healthy respect for the talent of every one of them. The mental fatigue of 3+ hours of that kind of focus at the rate that decisions and muscle control are being made has to be incredible. I've road raced, flat tracked and drag raced very fast bikes when I worked for Yamaha building engines for them. I understand the focus and concentration it took on a closed race course, I can't fathom the Isle of Mann. Although I'm 59 I would still like to run the course at practice.

Mikey

yea, defiantly requires a lot of hard work and talent, I still remember my days when i did side jobs wrenching for Attack Performance, still remember the 24 hr at Willow Springs endurance races, those were hard on everyone. I still remember rebuilding a bike for a very fast buddy of mine Paul Mumford (R.I.P) got the call at 4 PM i want to race, motor just got finished at Attack, and they have a new frame for us, I started at 7 pm work till 3 am loaded it on the trailer I slept the 2.5 hrs to Willow Springs, at about 6 am worked out the last bugs and then got it running, got a few heat cycles on the bike stand before it was on the track. then tuning the new carbs and suspension. if i remember correctly we finished 12 out of 28 and we were the first privateer beating out a few of the factory guys. man i miss those days.

man i miss those days.

I worked for Yamaha for three years after I got out of college in 73. I never had more fun in my life. No matter how late I stayed out I was at work at 8 am and happy to be there, I loved my job and the people I worked with. We spent a lot of time together. My dad and uncles all constantly told me " get a real job, something you can depend on with a future, you just got out of college, use it"
I quit and went to work with a friend in his father's plumbing and heating business and eventually became an A/C contractor myself. Worked for a national firm for 15 years and it was cannibalized by another, would not take the pay cut, lost my job. Worked for another national firm for 5 years and it too was cannibalized by Johnson Controls for its contracts, would not take the pay cut, lost my job. Worked for a hospital as director of operations for 4 years, they wanted me to do something unethical, I refused they tried to fire me, cost them dearly, lost my job.
The guy who owned the company that subcontracted the race engines, still there after 35 years. I stop in and visit occasionally. "What a maroon" I was!

Mikey