Kimbo Slice fight on CBS NOW!!!!!

Um, reread my quote please "if EliteXC is going to make money off of this guy by promoting him as a main event then by god they need to put up some good competition." Where did I say Kimbo?????????

You didn't say Kimbo but you did quote my statement which was made in defense of Kimbo. I took that as you disagreed with it based on your statement. If Kimbo agreed to fight against two of his sparing guys at the same time Elite-XC woud attempt to make a headline main event out of it. They are money hungry/needy. When/if Kimbo is ready for the big fight/fights they'll get booked. Its Elite that refuses to wait for those bouts to make him a main event. Its not fair to blame Kimbo for this or to rush his development as a fighter because of it. Again he should only fight against the better/best fighters when HE is ready. Cool?

Well it is not like James Thompson is a can.....the guy fought in Pride and had some good fights against alot of great fighters.

And he watches a lot of DVDs

A fight between Mir and Kimbo would end just like Mir and Lesner....if Mir can take a hit from Lesner he can take one from Kimbo, once it goes to the ground its over. I want to see him fight Rogers because Rogers isnt known, so when he kicks Kimbos ass they will say man he got beat by a nobody! hey they did it against Mercer and Tank! Not taking into consideration Mercer was like 48 or something and Tank hasnt won a fight in 10 years! They was still saying **** like "Internet Brawler beats Pro Boxer!" and "Youtube sensation beats UFC Legend!".....get that **** out of here! Put him up against a real Legend like Randy Couture or Chuck Liddell and see what happens.

Joshua

Word on the street is that Elite released Rogers after what happened at the press conference last night.

Just came back from sherdog from reading that! that would be crazy and the only one reason would be to avoid a fight between him and Kimbo, because he knows Kimbo would lose! JayC did you also see about him saying Kimbo tapped? that they zoomed the camera out to the crowd?....I didnt see the fight but did anyone see that? Shaw would be the ultimate Doush Bag if he is going through all this trouble to make Kimbo look like a legit fighter. If Rogers is gone he should get signed to UFC....he is a good fighter and they need more HW's

and I guess you should never underestimate someone on the edge of going bankrupt

Joshua

F'N B.S.!!!!!!

Anywere else or any other time that would be used as fuel to build a Rivalry!....to boost and hype the fight! if he did get let go its because he brought exposure to the fact Kimbo could have possible tapped and he would beat Kimbo's ass!

Joshua

Im sure Kimbos next opponent will be a real can like maybe ummmm..... Wes Sims.. but hell, even The Project might submit Kimbo.

Paul Varleans and Steve Jenum might be available too.. maybe Harold Howard

as a stand up fighter, i think he has a hell of a chance. in the ring with a typical ju jitsu type mma guy, he'd get a beat down. Hell, I think even george saint pierre would destroy him.

keeping it short
Kimbo lost according to the way other fights have been scored,judged and reffed. but was given a gift a round later.

the 24 hour weight stuff is for itches trying to fight smaller guys/girls.
i am 5'11 i had 27 amature fights all at heavy weight even though i cut weigh once just for the hell of it and i got down to 175 from 206 in 22 hours and back up to 190 in the next 24 hours.
So to all of the girls cutting weight to fight smaller people grow a set and fight some one your own size. +
AND i would love to see an 1 or two hour weight-in before any fight boxing and MMA fight.

Faber vs Pulver

You guys know Pulver/Faber is on right now on Versus

That was a very good fight the young Ch. dog in his prime versus the old experienced comeback pit general, Pulver is a tough old cagey gamedog that takes a pounding and keeps on gamely fighten even after he weathering the Storm. Outcome will be the same even a good old dog can only go to the well so many timesSure there will be a rematch. Faber gave Pulver a lot of respect that he was his hero as he was growing up in the Sport. The fight before them was great the Bantaam weight/135lbs Championship...man that guys right eye was closed up bad wouldn't doubt if the facial bones/eye socket was broken. That Chicano kid Angel Torres the Champ 33wins and 2..lossses finally settled down angainst the Japenese fighter, he was over anxious for awhile he kept tripping/falling over himself but he stayed the coarse was steady and kept pounding. It was a good call that they stopped the fight the Japanese fighter was blind in that right eye and he would have gotten hurt worse had they not stopped it.

All I have to say is... Gina completely jacked up Kaitlin's face. That was a pretty good fight. I was getting really bored until that came up for the evening...