Kimbo Slice fight on CBS NOW!!!!!

You didn't say Kimbo but you did quote my statement which was made in defense of Kimbo. I took that as you disagreed with it based on your statement. If Kimbo agreed to fight against two of his sparing guys at the same time Elite-XC woud attempt to make a headline main event out of it. They are money hungry/needy. When/if Kimbo is ready for the big fight/fights they'll get booked. Its Elite that refuses to wait for those bouts to make him a main event. Its not fair to blame Kimbo for this or to rush his development as a fighter because of it. Again he should only fight against the better/best fighters when HE is ready. Cool?

You would lose so badly making a defense like this in a court of law.....;) we're cool :cool:

Kimbo has to work on his ground becuase of what I saw there was many times that he could of got out and got up. I hope that is how he is training right now.

You would lose so badly making a defense like this in a court of law.....;) we're cool :cool:

Well I see I was wrong about something. I thought that your statements against Kimbo were made based on your feeling he wasn't a main event caliber fighter. I thought you wanted to see him fight against guys he isn't yet qualified to fight against to show up his deficiencies as a main event fighter. But I was wrong about that. You simply enjoy creating senseless unfair matches in your wonderland mind. I like how you turned that crap on me. Here I am just trying to have casual Turbobuick.com chat and you speculate on how badly my casual chat would lose if it were used as a defense in a court of law. Casual Turbobuick.com chat vs. paid profesional prosecuters.:rolleyes: Thats priceless. Yeah we're cool.:)

Well I see I was wrong about something. I thought that your statements against Kimbo were made based on your feeling he wasn't a main event caliber fighter. I thought you wanted to see him fight against guys he isn't yet qualified to fight against to show up his deficiencies as a main event fighter. But I was wrong about that. You simply enjoy creating senseless unfair matches in your wonderland mind. I like how you turned that crap on me. Here I am just trying to have casual Turbobuick.com chat and you speculate on how badly my casual chat would lose if it were used as a defense in a court of law. Casual Turbobuick.com chat vs. paid profesional prosecuters.:rolleyes: Thats priceless. Yeah we're cool.:)

Hey, if you're going to argue to make your point then stick to the facts. It urks the hell out of me when people like YOU try and make something different out of what someone else said. So yeah, while it may be casual turbobuick chat to you doesn't mean you have the right to twist and mangle what I said to make your point come across stronger......so get it straight next time. Dig it? :biggrin:

And as far as Kimbo, he is being represented as a main event fighter by Elitexc, he has accepted this by stepping in the ring. So therefore, if he is a main event fighter then he should be "qualified" to handle any competition thrown at him. So your point that he isn't qualified is ridiculous, he has been training with bas Ruten for a year and a half and he was the main event Friday night.........this makes him qualified to be in there, right? He's just not a good fighter period and doesn't deserve to be receiving the accolades he is getting.......that's my beef with it.

So your point that he isn't qualified is ridiculous, he has been training with bas Ruten for a year and a half and he was the main event Friday night.........this makes him qualified to be in there, right? He's just not a good fighter period and doesn't deserve to be receiving the accolades he is getting.......that's my beef with it.
Damn...some one who I agree with.

I think that Shaw should match Kimbo with Brett Rogers.. He's also a green fighter...and he also knocked out Thomson..:cool:

Hey, if you're going to argue to make your point then stick to the facts. It urks the hell out of me when people like YOU try and make something different out of what someone else said. So yeah, while it may be casual turbobuick chat to you doesn't mean you have the right to twist and mangle what I said to make your point come across stronger......so get it straight next time. Dig it? :biggrin:

And as far as Kimbo, he is being represented as a main event fighter by Elitexc, he has accepted this by stepping in the ring. So therefore, if he is a main event fighter then he should be "qualified" to handle any competition thrown at him. So your point that he isn't qualified is ridiculous, he has been training with bas Ruten for a year and a half and he was the main event Friday night.........this makes him qualified to be in there, right? He's just not a good fighter period and doesn't deserve to be receiving the accolades he is getting.......that's my beef with it.

As much as I hate to say this.
“The Main Event” stuff has nothing to do with “Deserving it” or not
The Main event is solely based on Draw power of the person / persons involved in the “Main Event”
I hope this helps move this back to Kimbo sucks and got a gift in the 3rd round.

Why isn't Kimbo main event material??? The main event is about putting a fight event on that people will come and spend there money and time to see. We all watched it!

So the guy put on a bad show... it still made money. And myself and many others looked forward to watching him fight even though he didn't put on a star performance.

Kimbo made it from the street to national TV, hell he made it to TB.com:biggrin: by kicking peoples asses. Only in America!! That's what I love about this country.

Too many haters... Why not give the guy his due. Would Quentin Jackson kick hiss ass...ummm...yeah. Will Kimbo ever climb to that level....we will see.

At least he reaching for the American Dream...by knocking people out. :biggrin:

They didnt put Kimbo against Bret cuz he would have got his ass knocked out.

What they really need to do is put him against Fedor....let me explain
Fedor is the greatest fighter in the world....but he is not known over here, so they should use Kimbo as a Sacrificial Lamb to show everone in America who Fedor is....They would say "Damn, that Kimbo was a badass but this Russian dude just beat the living hell out of him! who is he? and there you go, Fedor gets the exposure he deserves

Joshua

Well I am sure he would be too. It would be a huge pay day for him (and he is in it for the money) but he would be finished afterwards.

It sucks for him because he is a decent fighter but the hype is going to lead to his downfall once he goes up against better competition, I like him and think he is a good person but the hype and comparisions they make are not good for him at all.

Joshua

As much as I hate to say this.
“The Main Event” stuff has nothing to do with “Deserving it” or not
The Main event is solely based on Draw power of the person / persons involved in the “Main Event”
I hope this helps move this back to Kimbo sucks and got a gift in the 3rd round.

Anytime someone is in a "Main Event" they become a target, especially if they win. Kimbo did not deserve to be a main event in a reputable sport like MMA fighting. If he were going to do something like this circus act they pulled he should have gave Vince Mcmahon a call and joined the WWE, he'll probably end up there anyway.

So now by him taking the main event fight and going on national television saying "Look at me, I'm the best fighter" he will now get what he deserves.....people will want to fight him, good people. And those matches will eventually have to be signed.........and I bet they ain't gonna be no Astro Puffs fighting him anymore (One of his internet fights). It's just a matter of time before his ass will be tossed back out on the streets (ask Mirko Cro Cop about this).........he is and will remain a "never was". Keep in mind, the guy is already I think, like 34 years old.........he is fighting a losing battle, by the time he would even get good at the sport he will be past his prime anyway.

Anytime someone is in a "Main Event" they become a target, especially if they win. Kimbo did not deserve to be a main event in a reputable sport like MMA fighting. If he were going to do something like this circus act they pulled he should have gave Vince Mcmahon a call and joined the WWE, he'll probably end up there anyway.

So now by him taking the main event fight and going on national television saying "Look at me, I'm the best fighter" he will now get what he deserves.....people will want to fight him, good people. And those matches will eventually have to be signed.........and I bet they ain't gonna be no Astro Puffs fighting him anymore (One of his internet fights). It's just a matter of time before his ass will be tossed back out on the streets (ask Mirko Cro Cop about this).........he is and will remain a "never was". Keep in mind, the guy is already I think, like 34 years old.........he is fighting a losing battle, by the time he would even get good at the sport he will be past his prime anyway.

I understand all of your points but
If you were given the opportunity to go from back yard $500 fights to big TV money what would you do?
BTW MMA and Boxing have been and always will be about the "Draw power"
Nothing else maters.

And yes people will want to see him fight better comp. BUT they will still come out to see him beat up chumps. The point is he and the organization will still be making lots of money.

If you were given the opportunity to go from back yard $500 fights to big TV money what would you do?
Nothing else maters.

And yes people will want to see him fight better comp. BUT they will still come out to see him beat up chumps. The point is he and the organization will still be making lots of money.

Capitalism Baby!!!!!! Do We pay athletes MILLIONS to throw a ball around?? Hell no...we pay them millions because people will PAY to see them throw a ball around.

People will pay big money to see Kimbo brain his opponents. OR to see Kimbo get brained.

Either way as long as the crowd goes wild he will have a job.

Nothing else maters.

You are so wrong with this thinking.........people are interested now because he is new, that's all. Once he loses, which is inevitable, no one will want to pay to see him anymore.........some of the best MMA fighters that have lost time and time again are no longer croud draws........Mirco Crop Cop was put out on his ass by the UFC because he lost 4 fights in a row.......people loved this guy but he was no longer competition for anyone.......just give it time and you will come back and tell me I am right ;)

You are so wrong with this thinking.........people are interested now because he is new, that's all. Once he loses, which is inevitable, no one will want to pay to see him anymore.........some of the best MMA fighters that have lost time and time again are no longer croud draws........Mirco Crop Cop was put out on his ass by the UFC because he lost 4 fights in a row.......people loved this guy but he was no longer competition for anyone.......just give it time and you will come back and tell me I am right ;)

Let's say he goes out like Crocop...how much money will his name bring even if he LOSES the next four fights? I bet we all tune in to see how he does...

Let's say he goes out like Crocop...how much money will his name bring even if he LOSES the next four fights? I bet we all tune in to see how he does...

Just give it time....we will soon be saying Kimbo who??????

And for the record, i never said that none of this wasn't entertaining. A fight is a fight. People will stop to watch a fight anytime, no matter who it is. So did I find it entertaining, yes.........partly because of Thompson's mini-me on his ear :) . I just don't think it's fair to other "talented" fighters that Kimbo can walk in and receive the praise for being a terrible fighter like he is............