Kills Kills and more Kills!!!

Big Paul

Bob Barker
Last night, I went to the local street race hangout in the country, and had some good races, won 4 outta 5!

Dodge Daytona: 3 cars

'94 Taurus: 1 car

'70's 280 ZX: 1/2 car

Newer Malibu: 1/2 car

'78 Camaro: got beat by 1 car

Felt good, I didn't feel bad losing to the old Camaro, he had a Performer RPM manifold, headers, and a 750 carb., and all I got is a damn 2.8L.

I love my truck more now, I need more bolt-ons!!! Or swap 1 liter higher and get me that turbo!!!

Yea, really. Most 2.8L S10's that I have been in are super pigs. What have you done differently to yours? Not calling BS at all, just interested.

People think its fast......

........but I still don't think its that fast.

Its got a rebuilt engine, .030 over, bigger cam (don't know the size) K&N, flipped lid, and no muffler, 3.42's, and a 700r4. That's all its got, my 2.8L is quick for being a 2.8, I can hang with guys that have new stock 4.3L S-10's.

It runs a 18@ 76MPH, thats on a Gtech, I could be faster or slower than that, but I was thinkin' with slicks, and a chip, I could be well into the 17's! LOL :D

Once you get into the 17s you will be faster than 3/4 of the vehicles GM made in the 80s.

Why dont you steal a multi port FI setup from a Beretta from junkyard? It will give you 20 more horses over the TBI setup

Also steal a set of aluminum heads off of it

Good Idea!!!

Originally posted by blackbuick87
Once you get into the 17s you will be faster than 3/4 of the vehicles GM made in the 80s.

Why dont you steal a multi port FI setup from a Beretta from junkyard? It will give you 20 more horses over the TBI setup

Also steal a set of aluminum heads off of it

I had thought about that, and now I think, i'll try it.

FYI: Today, I just hooked up a "cold air" type deal on my rig. Cut a hole in the left side by the radiator, and ran heater ducting up to the air cleaner, it now has big balls mid and upper range!!!

MPFI: on the list
Heads: on the list

That would be cool to see. If you are serious and can figure out how to get a set of headers on that engine you can be close

Also take a look at the catalytic converter. For $70 a summitt one willl flow as good as a straight pipe

Right after the MPI setup your next mod should be a 75hp nitrous shot.

On a stock engine?

75 shot on a stock 2.8L?

I know I can find some good headers, and a free flow cat will be in the works as well.

I think 15's will be sweet, and I wanna make it possible. Nitrous or not, high 14's and low 15's from a 2.8L is sick.

75hp is nothing. that should not cause any durability problems. Besides you will not be using it that often anyways. Or will you;)

Cripes the ricers use it all the time on their 150 cc lawnmower engines.

My old Beretta I sold to my sister just died after 186000 tough miles. the 2.8 can be a tough little motor