KILL SWITCH

I posted this in the other thread about this subject, PLEASE DON'T GIVE OUT ALL OUR TRICKS ON AN OPEN FORUM!!!

Exactly as I also said in the other thread... let me see, these cars are going left and right, this is the biggest site for them and you guys are posting up the little tricks... real smart. :rolleyes:

80's Regal's are no secrets...If someone wants it,They'll get it, You can Track-it,Insure it,or do a Monkey dance starting it every time,won't matter. Best thing you can do is Catch'm them before or during,Or else you have 24hr or less till it's in 5 million pieces (If the crooks know what there doing),48hr's if it's shipped out intact....

The two best bets are Insurance or Movement/Tracking....or put it in a Bunker...;^)

I don't see what the problem is.

I leave the key in mine all the time, and I even leave it running when I go into the gas station to pay.

OH!! I forgot to mention that I live in a small town and know everyone and they know me, and my GUNS.

Just in case though I have a CCTV camera hidden in the vent and one on the license plate that looks like a backup camera linked to my computer/phone.

I don't mind telling anyone because they can't defeat it, it's motion activated and has it's own seperate power source so even if you disconnect the battery it will still work.

The cool part is I can activate it remotely and see who's nosing around the car or just checking it out.

Bottom line is if someone. IE; a professional car thief wants the car they will get it, even out of your garage in the middle of the day or night if they want it.

I attached a module onto my alarm system that sends a signal around the car. If someone comes near it, the alarm chirps. Just in case they don't see the blinking red light. This system also is good if you have a convertible and leave the top down. Reaching into the car sets it off.

How about a big ol fat huge 2" link chain and a giant DOD Lock?

wrap that around your front control arm or frame and see how that holds em.

Lots of creative ideas o_O , but Im sticking to a simple hidden switch. I figure just one simple way to slow em down might make a difference. If not, I will call Hagerty Insurance and give them the bad news.

I believe Kirbans has a "kill switch" that requires you to touch 2 metal surfaces before you can start the car. It's a simple installation and it doesn't matter what 2 metal surfaces you choose but you can't start it without touching them.;)

Charlie, I got one and love it! My father in law has rode in the car many times and has seen me start the car. With that said I bet him $20 and gave him the keys and 1hr to get the car started. I am now $20 richer. He is by no means a car thief but at least I know it will slow them down unless they have a tow truck.

For those that are wondering it has to be 2 specific metal surfaces you touch, coolest kill switch i've ever seen...

A kill switch saved my 86'. Came out in the morning...drivers door open...steering column busted out...hood up...orange wire to the computer pulled up....car still there!:)

robzombie said:
I don't see what the problem is.

I leave the key in mine all the time, and I even leave it running when I go into the gas station to pay.

OH!! I forgot to mention that I live in a small town and know everyone and they know me, and my GUNS.

Just in case though I have a CCTV camera hidden in the vent and one on the license plate that looks like a backup camera linked to my computer/phone.

I don't mind telling anyone because they can't defeat it, it's motion activated and has it's own seperate power source so even if you disconnect the battery it will still work.

The cool part is I can activate it remotely and see who's nosing around the car or just checking it out.

Bottom line is if someone. IE; a professional car thief wants the car they will get it, even out of your garage in the middle of the day or night if they want it.

That's exactly what I'm saying! I have never taken the key out of the ignition on my truck and I don't have a door lock key so it's always unlocked, of course it is a crappy looking s10 lol but I can't imagine living somewhere that I had to have multiple anti-theft devices on my car!

groumoutis said:
Charlie, I got one and love it! My father in law has rode in the car many times and has seen me start the car. With that said I bet him $20 and gave him the keys and 1hr to get the car started. I am now $20 richer. He is by no means a car thief but at least I know it will slow them down unless they have a tow truck.

My car had one of these on it when i bought it and it IS pretty cool. Pick the two surfaces and attach the wires to them. Mine is wired to two different interior screws. I don't have to worry about my wife taking the car for a ride. She knows what two screws they are and still can't figure it out.

That's exactly what I'm saying! I have never taken the key out of the ignition on my truck and I don't have a door lock key so it's always unlocked, of course it is a crappy looking s10 lol but I can't imagine living somewhere that I had to have multiple anti-theft devices on my car!
Its not so much where you live, but where you drive or leave the car when your out and about.

turbotroy said:
Its not so much where you live, but where you drive or leave the car when your out and about.

You are driving a classic that alone has resell parts value, second if it's modifyed that's extra added resell value.

Thieves are well informed on values, so you always have to be on your guard.

And these cars can be gone in seconds form anywhere.

I posted this in the other thread about this subject, PLEASE DON'T GIVE OUT ALL OUR TRICKS ON AN OPEN FORUM!!! Ya don't want the bad guys reading it, and even if you post anonymously,they might get the secrets you posted and steal mine. Of course if you can negotiate the mine field in the drive, beat the dogs and cheat the electronic eyes AND make it past the shotguns...Cheers
Now I want to listen to the Final cut
Great album