Kill switch questions

I have agreed value with American Family. They are the best insurance company we have ever dealt with.

Stupid ??? Can't we open hood & pull ECM connector to prevent startup after column distruction?
Cut wheels to side, lock wheel, and on longer intended situations cable lock wheel as we do with trailers???

All in all tough to stop those who are determined will get it,but there are deterents!!!!!!!!

Often thought about putting in a toggle switch called "Start" in a very visible spot with a short to ground as a SECONDARY security layer.
First layer prevents startup, and the "Start" toggle is "right there". Toggle it, blow a hidden fuse to a critical circuit. Now it just got harder. :whistle:
Not much can stop a flatbed, but you are not going to drive away, period.
You might just label it "Kill Switch" That would be a good laugh that it did exactly what it was labeled. ;)

:D
You present a very good point of asking how we could make our cars less vulnerable to thieves, and this subject should be an open discussion.

Anyone with even a little "car smarts" will know it takes fuel and spark to start and run a vehicle, so there are various ways and methods to disable either function.

Most commercial anti-theft systems interrupt the starts circuit, and even the basic crook knows how to bypass that and start the car. :sneaky:

My thinking is to not allow fuel or spark to do their job, preferably both. :)

An experienced criminal could figure out how to overcome the obstacles you have done, but it may take many hours of work, and that is not what they would do.

A hidden switch or 2 or 3 would prevent most GN's from leaving their parking spot under their own power.

You can "layer" your security blanket with multiple switches and in varying places depending if you are just running in the store for a beer, or plan a long night out with your best girl!

I have one switch handy for the former, and a couple others for the latter, and of course my BEST girl is my wife! :D

We all know the best thing about you is your wife, Nick........:D