Kill me now DFI... TAU/MAP

PhilM

Präzisionelektronik
I'm still trying to figure out wtf was going through Accel's programmers brains when they created their awesome TAU/MAP table. If the ECM only looks at a difference between cells, then why didn't they just put some delta paramter there instead. No, but now you have to freaking adjust a whole column when you change one number.

Does anyone have a 'real' solution to tune this bastard table? Asking help from Accel is like asking them 'can i read the manual' (assumed 'NO') then they just read it back to you.

Also, how do you know if it is this table your supposed to adjust or the TPS based accel enrichment for transient fueling? Supposedly the TPS based is 'quicker' but what is defined as 'quick?' Changing one or the other is still based on how fast you press the accelerator pedal, but when you spend the time to tweak the Tau and then find that it is in need of a TPS accel change instead, then your Tau is all screwy now.

One final question is this: if the the Tau numbers contribute to overall fuel, (which i'm pretty sure is the case), then what happens when those individual numbers are correct in steady state, but now under transient fueling the differences are too little/too great? I'm pretty just going from the manual, since all the books I have are worthless and sometimes incorrect.

If anyone can answer any of these questions (even partially), feel free to chime in!

Phil

I had asked that question to ACCEL many times and the answer was don't touch it. Maybe Craig Smith could answer it he used to work there.

From what I gather, it is SUPPOSED to change based on pretty much any difference in manifold design or valve size or engine flow, etc... I can't believe Accel would tell ppl not to touch their Tau/MAP table... why would they even put it in there?! Tuning this thing is like walking through the 'secret forest'

Phil